AT&T won't unlock my Lumia 920 - HELP!

cleblanc9307

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I just got this phone back from Nokia's warranty repair service but had previously been using Red Pocket (at&t mvno) for service so I'm not an AT&T customer and have never been one. That being said, I don't think I can use the live chat so I had to call up AT&T. The AT&T representative I talked to said I wasn't eligible because I haven't been a customer for 90 days. The weird part is that my mom has a 920 as well but got hers unlocked last month with no hassle. Has anybody else had this problem lately? Should I just buy an unlock code from a website or something?

sidenote: The best part about this is that my mom used her unlocked 920 with T-Mobile but her MMS and Internet weren't working properly (needed apn settings), so I tried to give it a factory reset and the ******* got bricked. We just sent her device back to Nokia's warranty repair so now when she gets hers back I'm not sure if it will be the same unlocked device as before or a replacement. So I really need to figure it out for mine so she doesn't hate me forever :)

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Go through the international support chat. They should provide the code. If they won't give it to you since you aren't technically a customer have you mom use her.sim in the phone then go through the support chat saying she just got the phone and needs the unlock code.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
As spectre said, you want international support, more specially international TECH support (yes they are different than regular tech support). They will give a lot less hassle than the normal support people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans