Sending Mail

Paul LAWRENCE1

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Wonder if someone can help. I have setup my gmail account on my Lumia 920. When I eply to a mail or send a new mail, the senders address is always my Xbox live gamertag. Can this be change so my gmail address is displayed as the sender.
Thanks

Paul LAWRENCE1

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, looked in the gmail settings and there's not much there apart from sync settings, signature and mail server setting. Nothing about the send from address.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Paul, correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like when you initially set up your phone you used your Microsoft gamertag as your windows phone account as well, correct? You obviously have set up your gmail, but have you also set up a Microsoft e-mail account? If not, your next step would be to do this. Once you have more than one e-mail account set up, when you go to create a new e-mail it will ask you which account you want to send it from. At that point you would choose your gmail account and it would show as having come from your gmail, along with your gmail signature. I think what is happening right now is that if you only have the one account set up the phone is just assuming that you want to use your Microsoft information as your "from" information.

It's worth a try!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon