AF & Shutter Speed

rexii23

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, for those lucky Lumia 1020 owners, can someone please post a few videos on the camera's auto-focus speed and also shutter speed? The reviews on youtube do not focus on these two issues at all. I own a L920, love the quality of the photos but have reverted back to mainly using my NEX-5N because the combination of slow auto-focus and the noticeable lag between shutter and saving means most of my shots of fast moving objects (ie ninja cats) in low light at home turns out to be a blurry mess. I also struggle with people at night too because they do not always keep still.

My old N9 was signifcantly faster than the 920 because of a faster shutter and also continuous auto-focus in photo mode, which the 920 lacks (only available in video mode)

If any Lumia 1020 owners also have a 920, I would love to see some comparison, even if its subjective! I've already read that people are hating the slow file save speed which sounds to be a major annoyance.

Cheers!

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have L920 and Sony NEX-5N... (i haven't seen 1020)...

Compared and took a LOT of pictures... and despite i love L920 camera, can't compete against Nex-5n quality...

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
The xenon flash is really good to freeze motion in low light and works great for dog/cat pics.

For photos, the pro cam app has face detection and it works pretty well.

Lastly, video mode now has manual focus, could be nice when mastered! :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12