Unlocked Lumia 920 from Thailand with no LTE

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
So I just moved to Singapore, signed up for an LTE SIM with Singtel. They said it will take a maximum of 6 hours for it to be activated, it is now 18 hours and still no LTE. I have an unlocked Lumia 920 bought from Thailand, and flashed it a while back with the Singapore ROM.

1. There is no 4G option under highest speed rate in the mobile network settings.
2. ##3282# doesn't work, it gives a random message saying something happened and we couldn't complete the action.
3. I have taken the SIM out and put it back in, restarted my phone, even did the soft battery pull volume down + lock button reset.
4. Under access point I am connected to Singtel, and when I view the settings it shows the network type as IPv4.

Can anyone help? I am sure these phones have 4G capability it's just about finding out how to get it to work. I have read other topics about this and none of them seemed to help.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Flash to GB unbranded ROM, Singtel LTE uses band 3 and 7 which the GB ROM supports as well so it should work unless something is really wrong with your phone h/w.

tomdjp

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just do ##3282 then "call", without the final "#". (This is different for WP8 compared with WP7).
Then go into settings (three dots) of the field test app and make sure automatic is set. It may (I'm not sure) help to look at the LTE related tests in this app. You should then be able to go back to home screen, and after a short time (if not already) LTE should start working.

It'd probably be better if you had a firmware where you can actually select 4G in the main settings, but hopefully this will work.

Mark Everingham

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you still have access to nokia care suite but try downloading the Singtel ROM or the GB EE UK ROM.
I say this because I know that unbranded lumia 920 in GB don't/didn't have the 4G option for some reason, might change with next update, this could be the same for Singapore providers.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just do ##3282 then "call", without the final "#". (This is different for WP8 compared with WP7).
Then go into settings (three dots) of the field test app and make sure automatic is set. It may (I'm not sure) help to look at the LTE related tests in this app. You should then be able to go back to home screen, and after a short time (if not already) LTE should start working.

It'd probably be better if you had a firmware where you can actually select 4G in the main settings, but hopefully this will work.

He mentioned that in his earlier post that he has already tried it

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
..or you can either try the Rogers CA ROM or the Euro Developer ROM which is carrier unbranded. I use the Rogers version on TMOUS and it lets me use LTE

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

##3283 worked, but I was under the impression that we had to use ##3282#. Anyway, once I get to the field test app, it shows a bunch of connections, when I tap on any of the LTE related options all the results are either "NA" or "0." I did go into settings and it was already set on automatic. So couldn't really do much there. What exactly am I supposed to do?

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you still have access to nokia care suite but try downloading the Singtel ROM or the GB EE UK ROM.
I say this because I know that unbranded lumia 920 in GB don't/didn't have the 4G option for some reason, might change with next update, this could be the same for Singapore providers.

But if I download the SingTel ROM, that's branded, wouldn't that brick my phone? I thought that any branded ROM would brick an unbranded/unlocked phone.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
One more question, how do I find the product code for the SingTel ROM? Right now I'm using the product support tool from Nokia to download the firmware.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
After doing some more research just found out that the latest unlocked Thailand ROM (the updated version of the ROM that shipped with my phone) has an option for 4G in the mobile network settings. What the hell! I might as well have stuck to it instead of switching to the SG ROM. Anyway, downloading the Thailand ROM now and will let you guys know if anything changes.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Thai 920 and when I put an old TrueMove SIM in there, I see 4G as an option for the max connection speed.

In Thailand, TrueMove actually advertises the 920 in conjunction with their new LTE service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999