Top right corner unresponsive on touch screen

Bull3232

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey fellas,
On my second phone. First one I was having the problem with not being able to hear callers.
My new phone has been performing fine call wise, but the top right corner of the touch screen won't register. Example is when I use the volume button on the right, and then try to tap the vibrate/ring button on the top right corner, nothing happens. Very frustrating. I also have the goopy windows key on this replacement phone that I didn't have on my original.
I tried to find this issue on the bugs/defects thread, but couldn't find anything. Suggestions or similar problems out there?
I'm worried I'm going to have to get another replacement refurbished phone that has another problem.
Thanks,
Bull

WarDamnEagle09

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same on my 928, it's a small area, about the size of the icon to change from silent to ringtone when you hit the volume. This is a replacement phone, my 2nd replacement. My original which I lost didn't have the issue, but the two replacements from Asurion had/have this issue. It must be inherent to at least certain batches of these phones. If you click the actual words "ringtone" or "silent" you don't notice it and I imagine most won't even realize there is a dead space. No advice to offer, just to let you know you're not alone.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I have the same on my 928, it's a small area, about the size of the icon to change from silent to ringtone when you hit the volume. This is a replacement phone, my 2nd replacement. My original which I lost didn't have the issue, but the two replacements from Asurion had/have this issue. It must be inherent to at least certain batches of these phones. If you click the actual words "ringtone" or "silent" you don't notice it and I imagine most won't even realize there is a dead space. No advice to offer, just to let you know you're not alone.

Yep, I just live with it. Not really a problem.

WarDamnEagle09

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey fellas,
On my second phone. First one I was having the problem with not being able to hear callers.
My new phone has been performing fine call wise, but the top right corner of the touch screen won't register. Example is when I use the volume button on the right, and then try to tap the vibrate/ring button on the top right corner, nothing happens. Very frustrating. I also have the goopy windows key on this replacement phone that I didn't have on my original.
I tried to find this issue on the bugs/defects thread, but couldn't find anything. Suggestions or similar problems out there?
I'm worried I'm going to have to get another replacement refurbished phone that has another problem.
Thanks,
Bull

actually, may have a fix/way to negate this dead area with normal sensitivity. When I turn on "high" sensitivity under settings>display/touch the dead area disappears on my 928. Try it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes