Lumia 920 randomly shows location icon

kivancio

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody,

My NL920 shows location icon at the top of the bar while I do not do anything. Meaning, something uses my location although it is idle. I would like to add that, only one background app is on, whatsapp, all feedback options are off, find my phone off, all applications are closed. Sometimes, the icon pops when i'm in start screen (without using any app). It has begun to do it more frequently nowadays. Anyone knows the reason ? Any ideas, "fixes" maybe ? I'm getting a little paranoid :unhappysweat:

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
well, there are alot of apps that use your location, they request this when you install them. If you have a live tile activated, surely it will use your location at times throughout the day. Why don't you just turn location off?

hombreee

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
SETTINGS - LOCATION -ON/OFF

htc-windows-phone8S-GPS1.jpg

There could be (and are) apps and services running in the background and you are not able to stop it in background tasks setting. For example Wikipedia, Facebook. Look "ADVANCE" in the "BACKGROUND TASKS" settings.

kivancio

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the tips guys, i dont want to turn it off since i use foursquare and i want location data on my photos. Anyway, i guess apps in background (that i can not turn off) are causing this problem.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have found the phone does it nearly every time it comes out of stand by. Basically just a "where am I?" and saves it in case another app needs it.

I notice it all the time, it is on for 2-3 seconds and then goes away until I open an app that uses it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa