Lumia 928 not getting the love?

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Third largest in the world doesnt mean much when the 2nd largest is 3 times bigger than US and the 1st is 4 times the amount of cell phones in use. The 1st and 2nd combined excluding US is almost 2 billion, phones, to US 300 million.

I can't help it if people in those countries don't use birth control. :cool:
On a serious note, I wouldn't mind seeing where most of WPcentral's traffic comes from. Also another stat that I can't find, is how do the large carries in India and China compare user wise to the US big 2.

Aaron Bateman

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
ceo of ms recently apologized for windows 8; that's all i need to know.

A lot. Not really. My 2 1/2 yr old droid x has a better battery life now than my brand new lumia does. When you say vary you mean like the two 5 star rated battery usage apps i have installed on my lumia that give me 2 different usage remaining levels on the same phone? That belongs on jay leno. From what ive seen soft and hard resets are standard and frequently suggested solutions on this forum, very frequent. My 2 week lumia experience has been equivalent of a virus on windows desktop. My advice: Use this phone for photos that's it. Awesome camera for sure.

csb

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm extremely disappointed. Where the heck are the accessories. I'm finding some cases now but it took how long?

Verizon sucks at pushing accessories for their non Halo phones. They made a big hullabaloo about stocking the Galaxy Nexus, but they had crap for accessories for it. The phone had pins for docking accessories, and all Verizon ever released was some half assed car dock.

It's annoying, they almost always change the specs of their devices in some way that make them unusable with accessories for similar devices on other platforms. I think the new Galaxy S phones, and the iPhones are exceptions.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Verizon sucks at pushing accessories for their non Halo phones. They made a big hullabaloo about stocking the Galaxy Nexus, but they had crap for accessories for it. The phone had pins for docking accessories, and all Verizon ever released was some half assed car dock.

It's annoying, they almost always change the specs of their devices in some way that make them unusable with accessories for similar devices on other platforms. I think the new Galaxy S phones, and the iPhones are exceptions.
I have AT&T, not VZW, but I've never bought accessories at carrier stores. The carrier stores are way more expensive than just about anyplace else online.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I have AT&T, not VZW, but I've never bought accessories at carrier stores. The carrier stores are way more expensive than just about anyplace else online.

This is very true, I avoid buying accessories from Verizon. Still, because they change their devices, overall accessory availability suffers. It was annoying with my old Nexus.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
The 928 has become my go-to phone. I had an S4, and gave it to my daughter. I have a DNA which is awesome for an Android phone. Also a Razr MaxxHD. I tried a Z10 and a Q10. Both BBs went back (and I'm an old time BB lover). I also have an 8X, which is OK. But the 928 is always what I reach for. The keyboard, OS, and phone itself is nearly perfect for me. I just wish I could lock the screen rotation. But man, this is a NICE phone. ZDNet was banging on about how LG screwed up with their new wonderphone by bragging on hardware, and the hardware looks awesome. But I doubt it will outperform in the real world anything I have already. They said the experience is what should sell and they are right. For me the best experience is the 928 running WP8. Smooth, fast, and everything just works. And it looks really good.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
any other reliable sites

Sure, I use weave for my news. Check the sources list from ANY WPcentral news, you'll notice they pull most of their info from other sites. Reliable is a question you have to ask youself when you read something. Rumor is rumor but, facts with a good source are for the most part good sources....and reliable information.

At least a good RSS reader (like Weave) will pull all the feeds when they happen, even WPcentral will show news that is a day old once it's up here....sometimes a few days....

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Prior to seeing the light and getting a Lumia 920, I had an 8x with Verizon and i never felt like they treated me or any other CDMA member like dirt lol.

This reminds me of Non-nokia owners complaining that wpcentral shows bias towards Nokia instead of Samsung/HTC/OThers....lol even if they did have a bias towards GSM carriers and devices what does that have to do with you and your phone being great for you?
What can you expect from a site which treats the majority CDMA like dirt because they prefer GSM (and I include major, regional, postpaid and prepaid). If you think you have been treated bad, check how devices on Sprint and US Cellular are treated.

gkrew

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I kind of agree that it isn't getting much love. When I picked mine up recently, the sales rep tried to sell me a MicroSD memory card and I had to tell him the phone doesn't have a memory card but does have 32GB of memory. Then he proceeded to try and tell me that the sim tray on the top was in fact for the memory card and the phone didn't take a sim card. Then the best part, the rep couldn't get the sim card into the tray. Another rep finally came over after watching him struggle for almost five minutes trying to put it in.

No love...

Wow. really. I am glad I stayed away from Verizon stores for the past 8 years. I get my phones online so as not deal with these store people. They will not touch my phone or try to tell me how it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad