Looking to buy the Lumia 520 on AT&T

Garneth

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I'm interested in buying the Nokia Lumia 520 on AT&T (which was just released on AT&T today) for $99. However, on AT&T's website I'm required to purchase a plan with the phone, something I don't want to do. I'd just like to buy the device and then stick my SIM in it. I'm looking to see if I like the WP8 OS as I consider if I may upgrade to it when I'm eligible. So, I'm giving the cheapest Windows Phone a try.

Is there anywhere besides AT&T's website where I can buy the AT&T Lumia 520 for $99? I realize I could buy the phone and the cheapest plan, pay a month of the plan then cancel it, but I'm seeing if I can save money by buying it elsewhere where I won't be required to sign up for a plan.

Thanks,
Garneth

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
ATT store or Microsoft store, comes to mind. Or just call 611 and talk to a salesperson over the phone. Just tell them you want to use your existing line and I'm sure they can bypass the part about purchasing prepaid.

Garneth

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
When I was playing with it I was able to remove the $25 refill card from the cart and only had to pay $107 total.

Nice eye! I managed to do that myself, only gotta pay $105 now!

Edit: It still says that $25 is due monthly, though, so I'd rather go through a retailer. AT&T's live chat said that in store I could get it without a plan, so I'll try that. It's a bummer that only the black version is available, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos