Help! Should I buy Nokia Lumia 920?

tseazk

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I am planning to buy Nokia Lumia 920 this weekend and I was just checking some reviews on the internet.
I came across posts telling that their 920 shuts down itself and needs hard reboot to start again. Also I read complaints about battery drain.

This has raised confusion in my head! My friend took Lumia 720 few weeks back and he doesn't have these kind of problems.
Please help me to make a decision, is it worth to invest money on this phone? Everybody has these problems? Has it been solved by Nokia?

Thanks and any suggestion will be highly appreciated and would help to make a correct decision!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have owned my 920 since it debuted last Oct/Nov. I haven't had to hard reset it at all. Battery drain has only happened to my when I left Here Drive and Here Maps on.

tomacotuna

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I got mine in may and since then no problem no hard reset shut down or things like this...battery drain i really dont have ... I charged and go with it a full day with moderate use even hard use so is ok i recommend this phone .
Ps. Sry for my English i know is bad

des920

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Never had to soft reset it, and battery is alright (no drain at all).

You should worry about the ecosystem itself, if you like to "play" with your phone, have it all, etc. in that case I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My 920 has only rebooted itself twice since I've owned it (just shy of three months). No problems whatsoever. It only froze once, which is a lot better than my 810. You should go for it.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
My Dev Edition has had some problems - mainly battery drain but that was probably caused by WhatsApp. I haven't been using it for the past few weeks so don't know if that's still an issue.

Hardware-wise it's a solid phone. You should also assess if the WP8 platform itself is capable of doing everything that you need from a smartphone. Some things it does very well, a few with elaborate workarounds and some are flatly impossible. I recommend specifying what are the things that you do most with your phone, and then finding out if WP is capable of doing all these things. This thread is a good start: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/210477-official-what-wp-needs-succeed.html

Francoenlanoche

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Well the batery drain problem was left behind with the last whatsapp update, im having a good battery life cycle. I recommend you to buy a used on ebay and dont get involved in those evil 2 years plan, sure you will get a lower price but you will regret when a better nokia comes later this year or maybe in early 2014

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I strongly recommend the Lumia 920. Battery drain hasn't been an issue at all except following heavy gaming sessions. What I mean is that I set the phone down in the evening after it's been running hot, while still having a charge of 20% to 40%, and I'll come back to a dead phone in the morning. Otherwise, doing most anything else and some light gaming and I never have a problem.

Other issues have consisted of the phone restarting itself while charging, especially during wireless charging. This has happened a total of three times since I got the phone last November. Once, maybe twice, I had the phone lock up. In those situations I had to do the 10-second button press to restart the phone. It's been quite a while since that's happened.

Honestly, most phones are subject to one odd issue or another so I wouldn't let that deter you from getting the 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786