Here Is Hoping Someone Releases a Lumia 1020 Case That Works WITH the Wireless Charging Cover

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping that someone, perhaps Otterbox will come out with a case that will work when the wireless charging adapter is attached. If not, then having the wireless charging adapter is pointless if you have a case like the Otterbox Defender. We shall see.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it would rock if we could get a case that works with it. Have you tried to contact Otterbox at all to plant the idea? :D

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd much rather use a Qi receiver "sticker" than the Nokia case. This would keep the size and weight down and let the phone+sticker fit inside all but the most form-fitting cases. Here's a Qi sticker for Samsung phones: Newegg.com - PA1454 Qi Wireless Charging Receiver for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 i9505. It would be great to see someone market an attractive version with the proper shape to fit the 1020 and the other Lumia models with external power pins.

Stil_1

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I'd much rather use a Qi receiver "sticker" than the Nokia case. This would keep the size and weight down and let the phone+sticker fit inside all but the most form-fitting cases. Here's a Qi sticker for Samsung phones: Newegg.com - PA1454 Qi Wireless Charging Receiver for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 i9505. It would be great to see someone market an attractive version with the proper shape to fit the 1020 and the other Lumia models with external power pins.

Either a sticker or a case that has the charging built in would be cool. Like a slightly larger encompassing charging cover.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Either a sticker or a case that has the charging built in would be cool. Like a slightly larger encompassing charging cover.

This would be the only way to do it; you can't build a case that would actually cover the charging shell, the charge wouldn't be strong enough to make it through the material...at least not a really sturdy/strong one. I had a case on my Pre with its wireless charge backplate and the case's protection was minimal at best cuz it was compatible with the wireless charge cover.

Stil_1

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps possibility for these types of accessories in the future. Cases that support wireless charging w/o compromising protection? As long as the was the case and the phone communicate with each other is standardized so more companies can use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720