Glance "peek" setting

Alij382

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Or go to the store, search for Lumia pusher, this app will give you links to all of nokia's settings apps in the store, choose disllay+touch, update it and voila!

videian

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Or go to the store, search for Lumia pusher, this app will give you links to all of nokia's settings apps in the store, choose disllay+touch, update it and voila!

Can't seem to find that app? Is it the one for $1.99?

Edit, found it via nokia's app, man Microsoft really needs to do some work on the OS, Nokia is carrying them.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
QUESTION

yesterday the color of the glance #s was white

today they are red

why? I dont see a setting for such a thing :confused:

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
QUESTION

yesterday the color of the glance #s was white

today they are red

why? I dont see a setting for such a thing :confused:

The red is meant to be a low-light non glare option for when it's by your bedside table at night etc

To get it, set the 'night mode' option on that glance setting screen to when you want it to appear red. Personally I think it looks really slick as red so I set it to start at 5:00am and end at 4:59am - i.e. always on.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i did set the hours on it yesterday--i must have had the am/pm switched, HA!

THX! (this is my first WP)

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Can't seem to find that app? Is it the one for $1.99?

Edit, found it via nokia's app, man Microsoft really needs to do some work on the OS, Nokia is carrying them.

Can you explain what you mean by nokia's app? I can't find Lumia pusher anywhere

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
So what's the point of peek just so I can wave my hand over it and it show the time. I think it would be better if for Nokia's the Peek either replaced the actual lock screen and showed like texts, calls, and emails. It's kind of redundant to have Peek then I hit the power button to have the actual lock screen come up with the time as well then followed by the start screen. That's 3 screens. Anybody agree?

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The red is meant to be a low-light non glare option for when it's by your bedside table at night etc

To get it, set the 'night mode' option on that glance setting screen to when you want it to appear red. Personally I think it looks really slick as red so I set it to start at 5:00am and end at 4:59am - i.e. always on.

Very cool - thnx for this tip!

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So what's the point of peek just so I can wave my hand over it and it show the time. I think it would be better if for Nokia's the Peek either replaced the actual lock screen and showed like texts, calls, and emails. It's kind of redundant to have Peek then I hit the power button to have the actual lock screen come up with the time as well then followed by the start screen. That's 3 screens. Anybody agree?

You can just double tap the Glance screen to get to the lock screen. not need to reach for the power button.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I keep my phone in my shirt or jacket pocket, and when it's on peek, just removing it triggers the glance screen every time. Wonderful. I do agree that more info, like notifications, would be nice. I'm sure we'll see it in the future. I have great faith in Nokia.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the peek option nor can I find pusher in the app store.

I'm new to WP8 so I may not be 100% on this but I think Peek and Glance are the same thing and were introduced with the Amber update. It essentially gives you a floating clock on your phone when it "times out" from the lock screen (when it would normally go to black). The lock screen now seems to have the option to add notifications for certain apps (messaging, emails, wpcentral, calendar, etc). I didn't notice that before my 1020 so I can't say if that's new to Amber, WP8 or to the Nokia...(for comparison, I had a WP7 gen1 Titan)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs