928 GDR2/Amber?

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
The support page isn't up yet since there haven't been any updates released for the 928 yet. If you look at the ones for the 8X and 822, they'll have pdfs related to the most recent one released.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
August 4th is pretty iffy. 2013? 2019? Year of the constipated mongoose? (You have to be a Terry Pratchett fan for that one). They never say.

mrcrusha829

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone want to be a guinea pig and try this on our Lumia 928? Thinking it should work since the 928 is basically a 920 just on Verizon.

Leaked Nokia Amber firmware now available for the Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 | WMPoweruser

Looking at the image that is associated... time states that it is 9:20 designating the model.... the date then states September 5th... wonder if that is the official release plan. Which means since we are on Verizon that we will get it in 2014!!!...:smile:

Last edited:

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Quick question because this is my first Windows Phone (heck, first smart phone even). How will this update be available? Pushed to my phone, download and install via computer, update through Windows store?

Thanks.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Quick question because this is my first Windows Phone (heck, first smart phone even). How will this update be available? Pushed to my phone, download and install via computer, update through Windows store?

Thanks.

Your phone will alert you or you can check manually in settings, then you'll most likely have to plug in and update via the windows phone companion app for windows\mac. At least that's how it was on my old Trophy and Zune software.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Your phone will alert you or you can check manually in settings, then you'll most likely have to plug in and update via the windows phone companion app for windows\mac. At least that's how it was on my old Trophy and Zune software.

I think they're pushed over the air now, so you might just need to plug your phone into the wall and it'll update wirelessly.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, updates come over wifi now. It is a good idea to plug into power, because the update can take a long time.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone want to be a guinea pig and try this on our Lumia 928? Thinking it should work since the 928 is basically a 920 just on Verizon.

Leaked Nokia Amber firmware now available for the Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 | WMPoweruser

Looking at the image that is associated... time states that it is 9:20 designating the model.... the date then states September 5th... wonder if that is the official release plan. Which means since we are on Verizon that we will get it in 2014!!!...:smile:

Won't work, I tried to flash a generic 920 rom on one of my 928's and wasn't able to. We need to wait until it shows up in NCS for the 928

bahamut443

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully we see GDR 2 soon... This phone is only a couple months old and we're already behind...no Youtube uploader, Photo suite, Video Trimmer, or Nokia Smart Cam either. Ugh.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
According to Windows Phone 8 update history, it will probably be before the end of the year. That is when the agreement that allows Windows Phones to synch with Google's services ends.

papaduxx

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Just talked to a Verizon rep about the Amber/GDR2 update, she sad she would call Nokia to ask them what the eta was. i am not sure i believe that she actually called Nokia but she stated that Nokia said 3rd quarter if testing goes well.. That sucks but hopefully it will be sooner.

Aaron Bateman

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Just talked to a Verizon rep about the Amber/GDR2 update, she sad she would call Nokia to ask them what the eta was. i am not sure i believe that she actually called Nokia but she stated that Nokia said 3rd quarter if testing goes well.. That sucks but hopefully it will be sooner.

LMAO. Super.

xyhchina

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Oh damn... :(

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Third quarter is this quarter.. so whats the problem?

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site

The phone jockeys are about as reliable for information as your average car salesman. The final stage of testing is carrier testing, so Nokia likely wouldn't be able to tell a customer when an update will come out.

Verizon is notoriously slow to release updates, so don't hold your breath either way.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
It is coming in August most likely, was supposed to hit at the end od July but was delayed. I wouldn't be surprised if it hit this week, but don't hold me to that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb