928 GDR2/Amber?

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been in a battle with Verizon via the BBB over this. They just say it will be fixed during a "mid year" update. My stance is if the iPhone had this issue, it would have been fixed within 1 week and the entire planet knows that's true. Verizon historically is slow with fixes and historically doesn't like Windows OS. They could care less about us until Windows makes a bigger dent in market share. Until then, this is the garbage we're gonna have to put up with. Honestly, any problem you have with Verizon, instantly should file a complaint with the BBB. Bringing down their customer satisfaction ratings or Microsoft finally dumping money into marketing for the OS (since Nokia seems to be the only one doing this) are the only 2 ways Verizon is going to give a damn.
BBB Great joke :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Oh, so it's out.... Hmmmm... Flash and lose all my Xbox game saves or wait a week or so to get the update so I dont lose everything.... Man this sucks...I cant lose my save games...

I hope it's available via Nokia Care Suite, problem is I have the older version, the newer version needs a logon and I dont have that (if anyone has one I can use, send me a PM if you can)

WarDamnEagle09

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Oh, so it's out.... Hmmmm... Flash and lose all my Xbox game saves or wait a week or so to get the update so I dont lose everything.... Man this sucks...I cant lose my save games...

I hope it's available via Nokia Care Suite, problem is I have the older version, the newer version needs a logon and I dont have that (if anyone has one I can use, send me a PM if you can)

I would also greatly appreciate a PM with a login for the NCS. Pretty Please.

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I would also greatly appreciate a PM with a login for the NCS. Pretty Please.

no need to login, just download the config file and replace it in your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0"
start the NCS and you can go from here :D

Attachments

• usergroupsconfiguration.cfg.zip
    1,021 bytes · Views: 12

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what the timeframe between showing up on NCS and getting pushed out is? If anyone had an 822 when they released Portico was it there a few days or weeks before actually releasing?

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
This is such BS (not your statement, just the fact that Verizon can do what the hell they want). I have been reading some great things about GDR2/Amber that will enhance the experience of the phone I chose to buy. There are already apps rolling out that take advantage of the GDR2/Amber features and I cannot get to those either. Just because Verizon doesn't benefit directly from an update, they do benefit when people get what they want. More people come to their service!

Very true statement that MS has a long history of announcing way before items will ever be in consumer hands, but hopefully they are getting better at that as we have seen, or been promised in recent months. Microsoft/Hardware makers need to lean more on carriers and have them roll out updates. Should put it in the contract.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
This is such BS (not your statement, just the fact that Verizon can do what the hell they want). I have been reading some great things about GDR2/Amber that will enhance the experience of the phone I chose to buy. There are already apps rolling out that take advantage of the GDR2/Amber features and I cannot get to those either. Just because Verizon doesn't benefit directly from an update, they do benefit when people get what they want. More people come to their service!

Thankfully the 928 is the WP high end device for Verizon, so we'll get the update. No telling about the other devices on the network though...

Verizon has long been chastised for their ridiculous hardware decisions (like how they opted to NOT carry the HTC One until way after everyone else, and the changes they've made to devices, like the 928), and their extremely slow update process. Still, they have a solid network, so people reluctantly stay. Plus, most consumers don't care about the latest updates, so it's not a big deal to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99