928 GDR2/Amber?

Aaron Bateman

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It is a hacking hacking scenario, actually. :smile: I think the newest Nokia Care software blocks that logging in. Looks like you have to download an older version and config file. Check out this link that I found.. I'm currently downloading the firmware.

Download Official Nokia Firmware Even Without Navifirm+ | BlinkThinks in Binaries

That did it. I had the current version.

In this case, my Gnex was far easier to update. Google, releases new OS, snag VZW components, compile, install. This is nuts.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

In this case, my Gnex was far easier to update. Google, releases new OS, snag VZW components, compile, install. This is nuts.
There's a reason Windows Phone has the security reputation it has, and Android has the security reputation it has.... :wink:

:|

You think this is some sort of hacking scenario? DLing and installing phone firmware?

lol
No --- I was posting because of the "didn't say the magic word" phrase.

Chill . .

:smile:

Some people have no sense of humor....

Oh, and yes, it is a hacking scenario.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Now does that let you update, or do you have to Nuke and start over ? Trying to see if I can save my Xbox live game saves.... really hate to start over on all those games again...

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Dear Verizon,

Downloading this ROM would be a lot easier if you didn't pack 3GB of local US map data into your image. :crying:

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm now flashing with the Nokia Retail app. It's a real nice app. Easy to flash. The only bad thing was there was a big check box for 'Erase User Data' and it was checked but would not let me uncheck, so no backed up user data for me, which I don't care about...

WarDamnEagle09

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
It is a hacking hacking scenario, actually. :smile: I think the newest Nokia Care software blocks that logging in. Looks like you have to download an older version and config file. Check out this link that I found.. I'm currently downloading the firmware.

Download Official Nokia Firmware Even Without Navifirm+ | BlinkThinks in Binaries

After playing around with different how-tos and piecing info together (first time flashing a WP) I started over and this link to this guide worked perfectly. Flashed successfully via refurbish option in NCS and am now reinstalling apps.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130814_0001.png
    wp_ss_20130814_0001.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 36
  • wp_ss_20130814_0003.png
    wp_ss_20130814_0003.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

KrightonX

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Any idea how I can flash this with a Mac? Care Suite is out...

If you had a real computer you wouldn't be asking this question every time something useful is released. Games, software, Updates etc.. Ditch the trendy lesbian toy and grab a Surface Pro. Evolve!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte