[Need confirm] HTC 8X performance after updating GDR2?

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
There're some reports that said after updating GDR2, HTC 8X become laggy and slow performance in some cases. I don't own an HTC 8X but I think if we can describe the details of this issue, we can raise a topic on uservoice and ask for the reason why. I know not many people using HTC 8X but I think it should be clear for us, since the update is about to roll out for other lumias as well. Besides that, there're lots of people now having the "dead"/"bricked" devices after updating GDR2.

So, are you facing this issue?

wunderhund

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I recently commented in another thread about performance problems with GDR2 - I have only had my HTC 8x for two weeks (unlocked c620e, USA with AT&T). The phone notified me of the GDR2 update last week and I proceeded to install it. I received the following three updates:

Microsoft Update 8.0.10327.77
Microsoft Update 8.0.10322.71
HTC Update for Windows Phone

When I first received the phone, other updates installed, but I did not note which ones they were. I noticed that WP8 lagged occasionally when first using the phone -- basic OS visual renditions of clicking on a link in the People HUB, clicking on tiles, the visual effect of an email being sent, etc. With the GDR2 update, laggy behavior is common. So in addition to two hard freezes after the update which required power button resets, overall the performance of the phone is less smooth than the Samsung Focus WP7.5 which I used for almost two years and had no visual effects issues.

Not sure which one of the recent updates did it, if it is unique to the 8x or even just my phone. But as a WP user coming from 7.5 to 8, I am disappointed with the OS performance and concerned if the problem will be solved.

CatK16

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
My phone (HTC Windows 8x) updated about a week or so ago, not sure what to as didnt check at the time, but then died on friday while playing music through the Xbox music account....

Sent off to HTC yesterday so hoping for a quick turn around...wont be happy if it comes back and isnt 100%...:unhappy:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have performance issue on the entire system when Spotify is running in the background. Also the music lags often.

I have never noticed any issues before GDR2.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ive not had any issues with my 8x - it actually seems a little snappier than before - that's subjective of course and could just be me thinking that its faster. However im not having any lag or slowdown. Xbox music works better than before, having a radio is great and my other storage has dropped a bit too.

ksmithservices

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Ive not had any issues with my 8x - it actually seems a little snappier than before - that's subjective of course and could just be me thinking that its faster. However im not having any lag or slowdown. Xbox music works better than before, having a radio is great and my other storage has dropped a bit too.

on TMO?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05