Can't install some apps on Lumia 1020..? Nokia YouTube upload..?

RRasp

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, just picked up my Lumia 1020 and loving it so far but I noticed that some apps like the newer version of YouTube that was released by Microsoft..? Says I can't download and that it's not supported for my device? This is the one that is version 3.0.0.2 from Microsoft. Also, it says that the Nokia YouTube app (YouTube uploader for Nokia) that works exclusively with the 1020 also can't be found in the Microsoft store. I can send my phone both the links and it will start up the app store but NOT allow me to install either one of the apps. Am I missing something?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The apps may be in the app store but just not currently available for download at this minute, which could be why you can't find them when just searching.

RRasp

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
hmmm, not sure. I have even tried to download the apps from my pc and send them thru email to my Lumia 1020 and it still wont allow me to install them. I really want to have a positive experience with windows phone, but not to even have a decent youtube app is kind of... well, BAD..?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
hmmm, not sure. I have even tried to download the apps from my pc and send them thru email to my Lumia 1020 and it still wont allow me to install them. I really want to have a positive experience with windows phone, but not to even have a decent youtube app is kind of... well, BAD..?

The single best Youtube app for WP is MetroTube. I have or do own phones from all the different OSes and Metrotube is the best youtube app I have found to date. I would HIGHLY suggest getting it.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
You cannot install the manufacturer/carrier exclusive apps from the Windows Phone Store website. To get access to the Nokia exclusive apps (like the YouTube Uploader), you need to go download them through the Store on your phone. You can't even view the Nokia exclusive apps on the website, they can only be access from the phone.

This prevents you from sending the exclusive apps from the website to phones that aren't supposed to get them.

As for the YouTube, if you were talking about the decent one Microsoft made not too long ago, it was taken down because of Google, so it cannot be redownloaded. Google and Microsoft are working on a new one, so you'll have to work with alternatives until then.

RRasp

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I agree... It's very good.. Just tried it but it still does not have video upload. That's why I was interested in the buzz on this exclusive video upload app from Nokia that apparently worked exclusively with the Lumia 1020. The only way I can find it on the app store is if I email myself the link and then I get the message that will not allow me to download it.

RRasp

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so how do I see the Nokia youtube upload app on the Microsoft app store on the phone? Because if I do a search for it from the app store on the phone, It will not find it and it is not in the nokia collections section in the app store. Also, thanks for the 411 on the NEW youtube app OTW... That will be cool. :)

You cannot install the manufacturer/carrier exclusive apps from the Windows Phone Store website. To get access to the Nokia exclusive apps (like the YouTube Uploader), you need to go download them through the Store on your phone. You can't even view the Nokia exclusive apps on the website, they can only be access from the phone.

This prevents you from sending the exclusive apps from the website to phones that aren't supposed to get them.

As for the YouTube, if you were talking about the decent one Microsoft made not too long ago, it was taken down because of Google, so it cannot be redownloaded. Google and Microsoft are working on a new one, so you'll have to work with alternatives until then.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree... It's very good.. Just tried it but it still does not have video upload. That's why I was interested in the buzz on this exclusive video upload app from Nokia that apparently worked exclusively with the Lumia 1020. The only way I can find it on the app store is if I email myself the link and then I get the message that will not allow me to download it.

I think the YouTube Upload tool from Nokia was temporarily taken down. I think they were having issues with it. So if you grabbed it as soon as you got your phone you keep it, but I don't think its allowing any new downloads until they update it. It looks like its been unpublished from the Store, so Nokia probably took it down.

RRasp

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Roger that and thanks. Thought I was going crazy!

I think the YouTube Upload tool from Nokia was temporarily taken down. I think they were having issues with it. So if you grabbed it as soon as you got your phone you keep it, but I don't think its allowing any new downloads until they update it. It looks like its been unpublished from the Store, so Nokia probably took it down.

RRasp

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Another quick Q guys... I already had a developers account from my last WP back when the Titan came out. Applied it to this one with no problem and unlocked the 1020. I have the app deployment tool which seems to be running fine but every XAP file I try to install, say... the original youtube app or the nokia one that you can download directly from the app store using your PC. It will give me an error saying, invalid XAP. I have heard that WP8 now encrypts XAP's and stops you from installing older apps..? Say that's not true!?

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Another quick Q guys... I already had a developers account from my last WP back when the Titan came out. Applied it to this one with no problem and unlocked the 1020. I have the app deployment tool which seems to be running fine but every XAP file I try to install, say... the original youtube app or the nokia one that you can download directly from the app store using your PC. It will give me an error saying, invalid XAP. I have heard that WP8 now encrypts XAP's and stops you from installing older apps..? Say that's not true!?

Windows Phone 8 XAPs are now encrypted, so unless the XAP has been specifically designed to sideloaded and is not from the Windows Phone Store website, you won't be able to sideload stuff anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss