White Lumia 1020

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

First post here - this is a great forum community!

Firstly, I currently have an Android phone but my contract with Sprint is up. I've been frustrated with Sprint for a long time now, so it's time to switch. I've been following the news about the 1020 for quite awhile, and today I got to play with one in an AT&T store. I like it a lot! It's a sweet phone.

I've grown tired of Android and I'm not into iPhones at all. So, I'm ready to try out the Windows Phone platform and the 1020 seems like the ticket for me.

Anyway, a question regarding the white color: will it show dirt/discoloration easily? I'm not sure yet if I even want the white color, but I thought I would ask the community here what they thought and any experiences they have. If it does get dirty easily, that will make my decision easier I think. I'm not a fan of cases, though I might consider the wireless charging case.

Thanks for any thoughts!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
While I don't have a 1020, I do have a white 920. It looks just as white as the day I got it (last Oct/Nov). I also have never used a case for it. Nokia seems pretty good at having their whites stay white (did I turn this into a laundry commercial??).

BTW Welcome to WPCentral!

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My launch white 920 is light, bright and er um.... White! super clean and beyond my expectations.

I was afraid of white due to all the people with the filthy white apple products like the MacBook or iPhone 3gs... Those whites never stayed white... My Lumia is beyond comparison.

I want the 1020 too and thinking of selling my 900 and 920 to get it, still in whit.

Enjoy and welcome.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
920s are totally different from the 1020. 920s are glossy so they're protected from discoloration. 1020s are supposedly ceramic coated or something to protect the white matte finish like the 808s.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I went to the MS store yesterday with the intention of buying the white, but ended with the yellow after I put the camera grip on it , haha The white did look good... as a matter of fact, someone was buying one when I got there. I guess one good reason for having the white is AT&T doesn't sell the white except online.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

First post here - this is a great forum community!

Thanks for any thoughts!

Welcome to the community, Dirigent82!

I actually bought my first white phone with the 1020 so I can't speak to previous experience with its ability to stay clean. I did speak with a friend of mine before buying and he said that his white 920 is as clean as the first day he bought it and that's without using a case. Two things to note though: the 920's case was a gloss and the 1020 is a matte; I'm not sure the difference that will make. Also, the color on Nokia's phones are throughout, meaning they are not just a finish but the entire case is the same color so if it gets scratched there isn't an underlying metal, plastic that you will see.

Hope this helps and welcome to the community!

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. It seems like I shouldn't have to worry about the white color - or any color for that matter.

Now I just have to decide if I should be patient and wait until I get back to my home town to get one from a Microsoft Store kiosk, or pick one up from the AT&T store where I'm at right now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills