Color profile

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So, how can one use it, what is adjustable, can multiple settings be saved/loaded, is there a comparison with standardised profiles?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
It's under settings, display+touch, Lumia color profile. There are just two sliders:

Color saturation: ranges from natural, to enhanced, to vivid.
Color temperature: ranges from cool, to neutral, to warm.

It's very basic, somewhat reminiscent of what NVIDIA offered in their display driver settings 11+ years ago. You're not going to be setting ICC color profiles or adjusting gamma curves. But it's a lot better than nothing. :)

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the 925 at the mo that im trading in for the 1020. The display calibration yes is extremely useful - its on the 925 and yes i made sure I knew for sure its going to be on the 1020.

The main reason being that if you have an excellent reference screen at hand you can calibrate the 920/1020 by sight to remove/reduce the main usual accusations levelled against amoled displays - namely colour tones that are either too blue or too warm, and worst of all extreme colour over-saturation.

I used my macbook pro as a reference screen as apple (regardless of what you think of them) takes screen calibration extremely seriously. Then i just went to google and brought up a few images of each of the main spectrum colours and altered the 925 until it matched. Finally for white balance i brought up a pure white test image and altered the wb until it was the closest possible match. (make sure brightness on both phone and mac is at 100%.

Now ive got an amoled screen with all the advantages over IPS (e.g. deeper blacks) but without the disadvantages of the type of amoled screens galaxy users must put up with. Simples!

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Now ive got an amoled screen with all the advantages over IPS (e.g. deeper blacks) but without the disadvantages of the type of amoled screens galaxy users must put up with. Simples!
One reason I chose the 8X was because of the IPS panel. Would be cool having the colour temperature and saturation settings too ...
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon