Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a strange issue on my ativ s. I cant upgrade or download apps when i am in my work's wifi but i can surf in the web and in the apps. That means i can visit store, look at the apps but no dowload any of them or upgrade. On 3g i have no problem. Can anyone explain that?.:unhappysweat:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to on your home wifi? It might just be the settings on your work wifi preventing it.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem when I first had my ATIV S. Said I was connected to Wi-Fi, yet the internet didn't work. I tried these steps, and they seemed to help:

First, turn Wi-Fi off, then re-enable it. Once you've gotten a connection, try to see then if you can connect to the internet. If that doesn't work, power down your phone, then turn it back on. Please let me know if this works, or if you've already tried this approach.

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Talk to your IT guys. Anything come to the firewall needs to specify a port number. Internet surfing commonly use port 80. So, any other port numbers might be blocked for security reason.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem when I first had my ATIV S. Said I was connected to Wi-Fi, yet the internet didn't work. I tried these steps, and they seemed to help:

First, turn Wi-Fi off, then re-enable it. Once you've gotten a connection, try to see then if you can connect to the internet. If that doesn't work, power down your phone, then turn it back on. Please let me know if this works, or if you've already tried this approach.

I have no problem to surf the internet. The problem is only present when i try to download or upgrade apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion