How to Disable Autoplay

MSmiley326

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Browsed around a bit and couldn't find an answer to this question.

I'm coming from an iPhone 4s, and I'm plugging in my 1020 into my car via usb/mini usb cord. Well as soon as I plug it in, my podcasts fire up and play automatically at random. I try to go to my podcasts or pandora and play other files and they just play on top of each other.

How can I tell where the autoplay is coming from? I HAD a podcast app, but have since deleted it thinking that could have been causing the problem. But no such luck.

Any help would me appreciated.

Thanks,
M

Carter L

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
It could be the car stereo that's causing this to happen. There's always been bugs with car stereo's and the lumia series from what I've seen. Have you tried ticking the volume knob on the right hand side and pressing pause? Have you tried playing regular music as well? Does this happen only with USB or via AUX cable as well?

MSmiley326

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Haven't tried an Aux cable yet. I hear that makes the quality go way down. I'll have to try Bluetooth once I pair the phone.

The audio now appears to be coming out of the phone and out of the car stereo (2012 Fiat Abarth fwiw). Ticking the buttons on the side controls what's coming out of the phone but not what's coming out of the car's stereo. (Two different podcasts coming from each) Seeing as how a majority of my phone usage is Pandora listening and Podcast listening on my commute to and from work, I'd hate to have to turn my phone in and go back to an Apple product.

TheKennanator

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this is a Lumia issue. I have the 1020 as well, and the instant I turn off any blutooth device the phone will immediately play out of the its imbedded speakers. This is bad as I listen to podcasts and music that my coworkers may not like. I've read many threads in several forums and I've seen people report these issues with Nokia Lumias and HTC phones too. This is definitely an OS issue, not your stereo nor your phone's hardware.

There's an app called "Stop the Music" designed specifically because of this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos