I wrote this to Microsoft.

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hell, I'm starting to think about switching to HTC One or iPhone 5. I'm really tired of Microsoft not giving a damn about WP8, lack of apps and quality games. I love the hardware, but hey, we have 2013 now, competitors offer so much more in terms of content and functionality.

troldmanden

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hell, I'm starting to think about switching to HTC One or iPhone 5. I'm really tired of Microsoft not giving a damn about WP8, lack of apps and quality games. I love the hardware, but hey, we have 2013 now, competitors offer so much more in terms of content and functionality.

Well it's only few days since Nokia told that by end year their would not be any off the largest apps that not either already launched or in the process off being coded. So it's just around the corner

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah that's right - I forgot the US is the only country in that exists to Americans. If you pre- order a device you would expect to get it at least mailed out release day its not about getting cookies with it (although cookies are always good) You shouldn't at the time of release of 920 and even now with the 1020 have to wait weeks after release for your pre-order to arrive.
Putting three to four phones in stock in a shop isn't great for a new phone on release day either. And you are correct that's not an MS problem - either Nokia cant make phones fast enough or they are hedging their bets. Either way its limiting for a new device on an emerging OS which in my opinion is just as damaging as the carriers who really don't give a sh*t about WP8 - I've seen numerous times people asking for a WP8 device to be told they aren't in stock then get pushed into buying either a Android or iphone device. A fair percentage of would be WP8 sales are denied because of ignorant sales people pushing their own agendas onto a customer. Carrier exclusivity means jack when the phone isn't in stock.

Pretty much sinks your retort.

You still don't get the game huh. Nokia is hedging its bets because that is the smart thing to do. You don't make more phones than you can sell that is just smart Business 101. If the demand is greater then you can always make more phones. If its weaker than you eat the cost of those phones sitting in a warehouse. Nokia plays the role of nokia......they know they aren't apple...and they know they aren't samsung. HTC tries to play that game and you see where they are at now. Blackberry is in the same boat right now trying to play that game. Nokia isn't back at the brand recognition to play like those two do. So they hedge and pinch their pennies like a smart company does that is trying to gain some ground. The carriers play their role and so do the store workers. You can't complain because they exhibit the human flaw of recommending what is familiar to them and what makes them the best commission. A person will always think of their paycheck and what is familiar before all other things are doing anything new....that is a human flaw and weakness. To solve that takes evolution. Until Nokia gets a logistic chain like samsung and apple you are pretty much SOL. ANd until they get the market share to call shots like that they won't get high priority from the parts makers, logistical transportation, or carriers. All you list is a Nokia problem and one that they manage it quite well given the position they are in. I give wisdom to some people and this is what I have for the folks of WP Central.

Don't ever wait in line for a phone. (That is a form of control and cheapens your life to being a slave of materialization)
Having the latest and greatest of anything means nothing.
Don't fall for the trap of the never ending promise of something is coming.
Don't be afraid to do something new and go against the flow of what is the norm.
Get out of your comfort zone because it will trap you.
Realise that these companies do not care about you at all.(Treat them like you would do a stranger...with caution and disdain)

Moral is I have tried every phone platform and I gravitate to the one that serves my purpose for using it at the time I need it and thats it. The platform is irrelevant, the brand is irrelevant, and the manufacturer is irrelevant. All I require is that it do the job I tell it to do.

Well it's only few days since Nokia told that by end year their would not be any off the largest apps that not either already launched or in the process off being coded. So it's just around the corner

You know why the said that because even they have figured out it's time to put up or shut up. I'm not saying the platform is dead but it will be if MS can't make the changes that need to be made. This is 2013 and even Nokia knows this will be the make or break year for this platform. I'm all for having tons of competition as it keeps the technology going further. But time will tell with a few platforms this year weather they latch on or become a footnote in history.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Boy, i've been with this os from the very beginning of wp7 and through a lot of updates. If i know they now become evil like this i could have jump already. But i love this os, really, that's why i created a topic on uservoice to let them know that. If you don't know then you can head on We need Microsoft to listen to our ideas and DO something

Ranting and raving, whinging moaning in the forums won't simply change a thing. Sure it helps to get things off your chest but doing something pro-active like Tungha is the way to go!
Creating a topic on uservoice - where MS are monitoring it - is the best place vent your rage. This way MS can see true feedback. Early adopters are always the people looking at the cutting edge of technology, however in a way they will always be the beta testers upon their feedback updates and changes would be made. I think We were all sold on ideas, main example Data Sense - in world of limited data plans (it sounded like the best thing since sliced bread), Support for upto 64 core processors.. yet MS are having difficulty with quad cores apparently.

When I got my L920 from clove.co.uk when the first stock arrived in the UK, I knew what i was getting - an unfinished O/S - why? nothing is perfect and everything, one way or another will have flaws that will need to be improved upon.

Upon hearing Nokia announcing their partnership I was genuinely ecstatic for they will bring their A game and so far, they've haven't disappointed given their limits only one on account - (When will they release the WP version of the Nokia E7! lol). If they had free reign, that would be a different story all together entirely.

Tiago Lopes

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi to the people who don't want a notification centre. Quick question for you. One of those apps that you don't have pinned sends you a toast notification. Your phone beeps. You don't catch it in time to see what it is. So you unlock your phone and study your tiles. Nothing. So what happened? What was it? Where is it?
Your counter argument will be 'it wont be important or if it was id have it pinned'
Ok, what if the important app doesn't have a live tile? Still **** all. So you have no idea what your phone was trying to tell you? The answer is to force you to pin a live tile, even if you don't want it. Or to force all apps to have live tiles, which surely they would have done by now. But haven't.
Or to make your peace with missing what the notification was.

OR OR OR PUT IN A SODDING NOTIFICATION CENTRE. YOU LUDDITES DONT HAVE TO USE IT FOR GODS SAKE BUT THE REASON THE CONCEPT EVEN EXISTS IS BECAUSE ITS A SOLUTION TO A REAL PROBLEM.
Why the hell are you guys pretending its not? You would cripple all of us just so you don't have to use an entirely optional feature? Jesus. Honestly

Parteek Agnihotri

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I know, e have choices, in fact, I do have an iPhone 4 along with it. This is just an angry comment on how slow MS is. They have much more to lose than me, just trying to wake'em up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon