Worth switching from 920?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I just don't get the "higher hardware specs" talk. I had an HTC one with 1080p screen and didn't see a difference against my 920 and now my 1020. Quad core seems silly in a phone that runs this smooth and fast too:-\ The next move I make away from the 1020 will be next-gen 41mp and water/dust proof and/or solar charging. Other possibilities would be graphene body or shatter proof screen and of course, HUGE battery in a slim body. Then, and only then, will they get another $700 out of me. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy the hell out of my new 1020;):p;P

Someone who gets it.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, just my two cents, I decided to jump to the 1020 from my 920, as every one said, the camera IS phenomenal, jaw dropping in fact, it is one of those OMG moments the first time you snap a picture, I only wish I knew how to properly use it lol, but that will come in time. Now is the overall phone better than the 920? Yes it is, but not by leaps and bounds, does the phone still heat up when playing games, yes it does, does the extra gig of ram really make a big difference, not that I can tell except maybe when using the camera, I'm sure it does but not a noticeable difference, if your straddling the fence I would advise to hold off if the CAMERA is not that huge of a deal with you, I think the sound on the 920 is far better than the 1020, in fact I'm very disappointed with the speaker on the 1020, the 920 is louder and better over all quality, the LCD screen on the 920 is actually better than the amoled screen imo and be live it or not I actually miss the solid feel of the 920, as weird as that may sound lol, I have had this phone (1020) since launch date and I still haven't got use to its "feel" yet. Am I disappointed with this phone? No not at all, but do I love it as much as I did my 920? Hmmmm can't say that YET, after 8 months with the 920 I loved it from day one and still loved it on the day I gave it up for the 1020. Just my two cents worth.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh and one more thing, I don't know why, but there are a few games that I loved on my 920 that aren't "compatible" on the 1020, not understanding that at all, but NFS hot pursuit and hydro thunder go can't be played on the 1020, I was actually a bit pissed about that, I loved hydro thunder and not happy that it is "not compatible on your device" what the hell is up with that??

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
@sym1a1a, dude, great post!!! I think that's a really helpful summary for people. That's exactly the way I feel about the 920 but i haven't started using the 1020 as the daily yet, just playing around with it and waiting on my charging case. I picked up a zagg full body that I need to install. I'm always super ocd about new stuff-.-
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I just got my 1020 yesterday for the upgrade price. I figure after I sell my 920 on eBay, I shouldn't be out more than $100 maybe less. Pros are the camera (obviously), the screen ( so far I like it better, the 920 which I thought was great looks duller in comparison), and lighter weight. Cons so far are the camera bump which is a little awkward but I'm getting used to it, and no wireless charging without a case. Too early to pass final judgment, but I don't think I'll be returning to the 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077