Ongoing issues with my Lumia 920

Mark Dart

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 920 since day 1 in Australia and am really enjoying my phone , great features great camera. hers the but.
I have sent it in twice for ongoing issues , random reboots 2nd time for sound quality on phone calls and after that still having random reboots and Phone has completely shutdown over the last two days.
Now i have been without the phone for two months with being in for repair and now they want me to send it back again. The other fix they have is do a full reset, yes this does fix it for a while and If you didnt install any apps then It might still work but then you might as well not have a smart phone.
I am a patient person but that has run out < I sent an email now to the complaints department

micaels

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 920 since day 1 in Australia and am really enjoying my phone , great features great camera. hers the but.
I have sent it in twice for ongoing issues , random reboots 2nd time for sound quality on phone calls and after that still having random reboots and Phone has completely shutdown over the last two days.
Now i have been without the phone for two months with being in for repair and now they want me to send it back again. The other fix they have is do a full reset, yes this does fix it for a while and If you didnt install any apps then It might still work but then you might as well not have a smart phone.
I am a patient person but that has run out < I sent an email now to the complaints department

In Sweden we can get a new device if we send it in for the third time. Checked to see if you have a similar option in Australia?

Mark Dart

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It hasnt gone in a third time yet , but i am trying to avoid this by sending a Complaint to Nokia.
I see throughout the forms people who have had the phones replaced with later version have not had these issues.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh man, that's some tough luck. Maybe Nokia can send you a cherry picked 920 so it works flawlessly :wink:

Thankfully the only issue I had was with the creaking casing, but my replacement has been ok so far. Hope you get this issued sorted, since you seem to really like the device.

Weslington

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I bought my 920 last December and it developed the proximity sensor problem and had huge amounts of dust under the front camera within 2 months. I sent it off for repair 3 times and after each it developed the same problems within a couple of weeks. I finally managed to get a replacement, unlocked 920 which worked fine for 3 months (apart from all the dust under the camera). After that the camera flash and autofocus lamp stopped working so I sent it off for repair again. Got it back today and guess what? They cleaned the camera but didn't fix the flash so it is going back for a 5th time tomorrow!!

Now don't get me wrong, the phone is great when it works but it has some serious hardware faults that seem far too common to be overlooked. People seem to be saying that the later batch of 920s are free from all these issues. Personally, I am dubious about that but if that is the case then Nokia should issue a full recall of all the previous faulty phones so we unfortunate people can actually get a working phone that we have paid for. /rant

Mark Dart

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Got an email back from Nokia saying they need to see the phone to evaluate it. What should I do?

Phone shutdown during the night and i was late for work.

Someone suggested it could be the 4g setting and i should change back to 3g.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean. I love WP and Nokia. My old L800 and my sisters L900 have been solid phones. But the 920 is cursed.

I had multile issues with my (3rd) 920 so I sent it to Nokia Repair. They sent me a new one because it had so many issues. But they broke the casing when they put it on the new phone and shipped it to me that way.

I was pretty pissed when I opened the box to find a broken "new" phone. Then when I called they "escalated" the case. Which meant I had to wait 5 days for them to call me back about it. With that additional delay I was very pissed and let them know that. So they told me to return it and send them the tracking number. To avoid more time without my phone, they shipped a brand new one immediately.

If I were you, just demand a manager and that the case be taken care of immediately. Once they detect you are now a pissed off customer, they seem to put more effort into it.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Got an email back from Nokia saying they need to see the phone to evaluate it. What should I do?

Phone shutdown during the night and i was late for work.

Someone suggested it could be the 4g setting and i should change back to 3g.

Even if that's the case, that's BS. If 4G is available, you shouldn't have to revert to 3G.

This is a flagship phone, they at least owe you an operational device.

Mark Dart

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Even if that's the case, that's BS. If 4G is available, you shouldn't have to revert to 3G.

This is a flagship phone, they at least owe you an operational device.

Changed back my phone to 3G only today and so far it hasnt shutdown.

Would people reccomend doing a full hardware reset?
Is there an easy way to get all your apps installed again. I am sick of wasting time setting everything back up again

Mark Dart

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Also noticed there is something loose inside my phone? When I shake it i can fell something moving.

Still havent had it shutdown since being on 3g

Mark Dart

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Three week now my phone is been in for repair with no updates from Nokia, I chased them up today and they say they are waiting on a part.

Mark Dart

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my phone back today. After a month and a half of waiting and them telling me they was waiting on a replacement part they sent me a refurbished Phone. I have no problems thats its refurbished but why couldnt they do that in the first place... Ahhh Nokia pick up your support

Mark Dart

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Been a couple of weeks now and there has been no drama with my phone. I also had no issues with the 920 i borrowed from work whilst mine was off being replaced. So looks to me like generation1 phones have a hardware issue.

Mark Dart

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My phones back in for repair. Accidently noticed it rattling when I was moving around. Worked out with Nokia support if was something to do with the phone vibration not working. This would be the fourth time i think it has been in for repair

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss