UK/European release?

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Has there been any further news (or rumours) on a UK/Euro release date for the Lumia 1020, beyond the vague 'September' listed on the Carphone Warehouse's website?

I don't really understand why anyone at Nokia would think it's a good idea to hold a big press conference that hypes up the phone and not give any solid European launch details even afterwards (I appreciate it was mainly for the US launch) - but then STILL not announce anything after all the overwhelmingly positive reviews started appearing on the big tech websites like Engadget, The Verge, etc?

Still, obviously very much looking forward to the phone whenever it lands - I just hope we have the chance to buy it unlocked this time, or at least have a choice of operators, unlike the 920 last year where they lost me to an HTC 8X over the EE exclusivity! :)

troldmanden

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Nokia is among the best when it comes to design new phones. But they have a loooong way to go when we talk production and distribution. The rumors here in Denmark points to a Q4 launch. That's when they are expected to introduce the next flagship phone with gdr3. Nokia you are missing sales that way!!

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking too! If we don't get it till September/October, I may as well wait till they announce their next flagship running GDR3 - although I doubt they'll release another 41mp camera this year.

Trappiste

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Nokia is among the best when it comes to design new phones. But they have a loooong way to go when we talk production and distribution

Perhaps. But last quarter they moved over 60 million phones and lowered inventories on purpose towards the end of the quarter while doing that without any feature phone shortages occurring. So something is being manufactured in a managed fashion.

troldmanden

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps. But last quarter they moved over 60 million phones and lowered inventories on purpose towards the end of the quarter while doing that without any feature phone shortages occurring. So something is being manufactured in a managed fashion.

Just not the lumia devices . It shouldn't be that hard to move new phones faster to more markets. Apple can.........but Nokia can only release 1020 in one country at one phone company in one month.......that says it all. Better planing is needed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon