New Orders Shipping/Waiting period ?

Manoj1551

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys. I ordered Lumia 1020 WHITE yesterday(7/30) .. I need to know if there is still any delay or waiting period in shipping this phone. I see the status as Back Ordered. I thought after the initial wait , they had got enough phones in stock. Is the story still the same with no stock/supply of this phone online ? :unhappysweat:

Manoj1551

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
So i wanted to know if anyone who ordered after 26th are having delay in getting the phone ? for that matter even people who have preordered ? Pls let me know guys

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I ordered from ATT last Friday (26th) over the phone, and they overnighted it this monday, received it tuesday afternoon. btw I ordered the black one, maybe other colors have higher demand so it might depend on that as well.

Manoj1551

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
That was really fast.. I dont know why this idea of having Lumia white order only through online. If they have in store, it would have been lot easier. I thought Yellow and White are the colors in demand..

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
There seems to be an issue with the 1020 and the availability of the white color. If not for the phone itself then definitely for white accessories. I ordered the white phone from AT&T on the morning of the first day of preorders and it shipped right on time. However, the white camera grip I ordered at exactly the same time has STILL not shipped. Also Amazon took down its listing for the white camera grip and is only taking orders for black and yellow. Amazon lists the white phone as in stock but is charging $100 dollars more for it off contract than the other two colors. Until Microsoft starts shipping its preorders it won't be clear whether they have an issue with that color. Maybe people have seen it in Microsoft stores but white is online only at AT&T. Online Microsoft is only offering the camera grip and charging cover in black. When it comes to the charging cover Nokia's site indicates that it isn't being offered in white. That explains why Amazon never posted preorders for a white wireless charging case.
I would not panic at the backorder from AT&T just yet since I can attest that they do have a track record of receiving and shipping the white phone and Microsoft and Amazon are both still taking orders. Time will tell when it comes to the accessories though.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I will post when my white grip ships but for now it looks like no one is even taking orders for it online. My guess is that all the free camera grips Microsoft ships with their phones will turn out to be black. Of course once the dam breaks it probably won't be an issue. In truth it has only been a week at this point so I am not too concerned. I just wouldn't be surprised if it takes another week or so.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Amazon is taking orders again for the white camera grip. Still not in stock but at $52.93 that is the cheapest price right now. That is probably the line to get in if you want it in white. Just click on the listing for the yellow grip and change the color choice when it comes up.

Manoj1551

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I would like to buy in ATT store since i have 25$ discount on accessories.. But ATT still not having white camera grip i guess..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre