Can not access any native Windows Phone 8 tabs like settings, messaging, camera etc

Rahul Maniar

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Recently my Nokia Lumia 920 started behaving in a bizarre fashion. I am unable to open settings and any of the other native Windows Phone 8 application. Only native application which works is what is called Phone so that I can make and receive phones. Few days back I was able to access settings tab and did factory reset and after wards I had to bring my phone to their service center as phone wouldn't reboot. Now I received my phone back and I was told that they changed the battery but I am still facing the same problem. Looks like I need to reload the OS. Is there any way I can re-install OS without going to the service center? I thought reset should do the trick but apparently it didn't.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

Recently my Nokia Lumia 920 started behaving in a bizarre fashion. I am unable to open settings and any of the other native Windows Phone 8 application. Only native application which works is what is called Phone so that I can make and receive phones. Few days back I was able to access settings tab and did factory reset and after wards I had to bring my phone to their service center as phone wouldn't reboot. Now I received my phone back and I was told that they changed the battery but I am still facing the same problem. Looks like I need to reload the OS. Is there any way I can re-install OS without going to the service center? I thought reset should do the trick but apparently it didn't.

I have had exactly the same issue twice in last two days on my Lumia 920. However for me the only application that opened was Calendar. I can swipe through the tiles fine but no tiles would open and same with app list.
My Lumia fixed it both the times with just a restart. Did not need any reset.

The only change I've done on my phone since what it was few months back is - installed new Nokia accessories update, Nokia Maps update and Whatsapp update. Don't know what causes it but I can second what you've noticed.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I also have had that issue, and my brother who has a 620 too, and thinking in hindsight it happend for we both after we updated our whatsapp... Misterious... :/

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue today.
its surely related with some Toast notifications I think. Just got burst of notifications and then the bug came up..

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

The only way to "reinstall" the OS is a hard-reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos