Nokia Lumia 1020 from MSFT store & ATT unlocking [My Experience]

jlekssp

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
20 digits
Thanks for your confirmation...appreciate. After 3 tries, finally they gave me the code. What a crap, all of them spoke of different tones. I will be doing it once I'm out of US back to my home probably in next few days. I suppose it doesn't matter if I'm in AT&T network or not, just put in my SIM card, turn it on, and then input the code? Thats it?

abro85

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I got the unlock code for Nokia Lumia 1020 on my fourth try. At the first two times I was guided to att website. Then I browsed through the forums here and I knew to say "I paid full price on Microsoft Sotre and was told I could get the unlock code by calling you guys."
The third one tried but didn't know how. The fourth one got it for me in 9 minutes.
:)

Darren Lay

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I am on the phone now with AT&T customer service. He said that because I do not currently have an AT&T account, he cannot unlock the phone. I am on hold now because I asked if I use their prepaid service Go Phone, would that count as having an AT&T account and then have it unlocked.

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I am on the phone now with AT&T customer service. He said that because I do not currently have an AT&T account, he cannot unlock the phone. I am on hold now because I asked if I use their prepaid service Go Phone, would that count as having an AT&T account and then have it unlocked.

Try again,
I called the customer service many times, some don't approve my request, some tried to search my IMEI number and said it's unlockable but the unlock code does not show in the system. One lady created a case for me to create the unlock code, a day later i received an automated email which has a issue tracking number and tell me the my issue has been resolved. But no unlock code was sent . So i tried to call them back again, but no code was found,either.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Try again,
I called the customer service many times, some don't approve my request, some tried to search my IMEI number and said it's unlockable but the unlock code does not show in the system. One lady created a case for me to create the unlock code, a day later i received an automated email which has a issue tracking number and tell me the my issue has been resolved. But no unlock code was sent . So i tried to call them back again, but no code was found,either.

i bought ebay code for $3 for my lumia 1020. worked well.

lui22

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Guys,

I had a GREAT experience today buying a phone at MSFT store. The rep was very nice and matched the ATT price when I mentioned that ATT is selling it for 660. I got the white camera cover free. I also get the $10 app store credit.

After I got home with phone then I started the conversation with ATT. It was long conversation and I end up getting the unlock code from it. The ATT rep was very nice as well and helped me in every way.

FYI, I do not have ATT account but I'm considering ATT Go phone month to month plan as it's very similar to T-Mobile. It's in the same price range too.

So overall My day went awesome, very lucky and now I'm having fun with my new toy.

Actually AT&T is selling it for 609.99 now. I wonder if they will price match it.

Jan Raak

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My son just bought the NOKIA 1020 in the Microsoft Store here in Bellevue.

I call ATT and asked for the unlock code. No hassles within minute I had the code.

I was told that there are unlockable:kiss: and non-unlockable:angry: phones!!!
It appears that the Microsoft Store sells the UNLOCKABLE versions.:kiss:

So if you wanna get it unlock then buy at the Microsoft Store! Or at least not from an ATT Retailer.

shollywood

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You need to escalate it. I got the same run around. Finally got my code a few days later.

Try again,

TudorTudose

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my brother followed a Microsoft training while worked internship at Twitter in USA and recieved as a gift a Nokia Lumia 1020, now he came back home in Romania and he gave me the phone. It is locked on AT&T and i don`t know how to unlock it. Is there any chance the guys from AT&T will unlock it regarding that the phone was not bought ? What should i tell the guys if i call them? Also tried to make that request from AT&T but i can`t cuz i`m not a customer and i can`t provide those information that they are requesting, also can`t live chat with them.
Best regards

LE: called at 1-800-331-0500 a nice guys gave me the unlock code in few mins after he checked the imei :D

Last edited:

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
got my 20 digit unlock code from ATT. I dont have an new SIM yet to test.

How you enter the unlock code into the phone if I still have ATT card in it?

feraask

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE 11/04/13: Was able to get an unlock code by calling ATT International support. Just called and said I bought an off contract 1020 and I am going to be traveling abroad and I need to get it unlocked and the guy took my IMEI and a few minutes later gave me the unlock code. Tried it out with a non-AT&T sim and it unlocked fine. It seems like the previous number provided in this thread has had a policy change as I called over 20 times and no one would provide me with a code. The number I used which worked on the first time is: (916) 843-4685

OLD: Has anyone been able to unlock a 1020 through ATT recently? I've called multiple times and each time i'm told there has been a change in policy that they cannot do unlocks over the phone anymore and I can only do it through the att.com/deviceunlock website. But that doesn't work at all for me as soon as I put my IMEI in it says this device cannot be unlocked so I was just wondering if anyone else has had any recent luck with this.

Last edited:

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Just bought an one that was locked thinking I could unlock it with one of the unlocking services. Wrong. None of them worked. Some don't even attempt it. I'm not a current AT&T customer so I don't know if that number works. I did call it but it asked for a phone number. I'm guessing you have to be a AT&T customer in good standing for them to unlock. Going to have my friends who use AT&T try. They could probably do it via the unlocking website too...

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE 11/04/13: Was able to get an unlock code by calling ATT International support. Just called and said I bought an off contract 1020 and I am going to be traveling abroad and I need to get it unlocked and the guy took my IMEI and a few minutes later gave me the unlock code. Tried it out with a non-AT&T sim and it unlocked fine. It seems like the previous number provided in this thread has had a policy change as I called over 20 times and no one would provide me with a code. The number I used which worked on the first time is: (916) 843-4685

OLD: Has anyone been able to unlock a 1020 through ATT recently? I've called multiple times and each time i'm told there has been a change in policy that they cannot do unlocks over the phone anymore and I can only do it through the att.com/deviceunlock website. But that doesn't work at all for me as soon as I put my IMEI in it says this device cannot be unlocked so I was just wondering if anyone else has had any recent luck with this.

I tried your number but it's not toll free. I'm not in U.S right now, my 1020 still in closet.

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
The number is a Sacremento, California area code. Buy a cheap calling card from wherever you are. Unless you're in the boonies, there has to be some place that sells cheap calling cards. They're everywhere in this day and age. :)

Barnoso

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I bought an AT&T Lumia 1020 without contract at a Windows Store last week, but have left the USA without being able to get the unlock code from AT&T (They wouldn't give it to me as I did not have an account there).
Does anyone know a way to unlock it? I have 2 phones of the same (one for me and one for my sister)
The only way I can think of is have someone with an AT&T account in the USA to unlock the phone for me. Can anybody help me with that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss