Hi. Just came back to Windows from using iOS, BB, and Android.

Do not know why I left.

The End.
    08-02-2013 01:25 AM
    I always switch between OSes.

I find it fun.

Over.

TechFreak1 likes this.
    08-02-2013 01:28 AM
    Hi. Just came back to Windows from using iOS, BB, and Android.

Do not know why I left.

The End.
    Good choice... :)
    08-02-2013 01:45 AM
    Eye heart WPcentral too... sooooo it's good to be back.

Guess who's back, back again?

Me.
    08-02-2013 02:29 AM
    Welcome back.

best-tapiture-37.jpg

Replace join me, with join us
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    08-02-2013 04:08 AM
    welcome back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	best-of-tapiture-37.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	38869

replace join me, with join us
    haha awesome!
    08-02-2013 07:17 AM
    Great story bro!
    08-02-2013 07:35 AM
    "You . . . complete me"
    08-02-2013 07:35 AM
    I like where this thread has gone so far
    08-02-2013 10:45 AM
    "Do not know why I left."

I know why. You listened to all of the haters. It is good to see people coming back. Proves the grass certainly isnt greener on the other side.
    Ferazzz likes this.
    08-02-2013 10:57 AM
    "Do not know why I left."

I know why. You listened to all of the haters. It is good to see people coming back. Proves the grass certainly isnt greener on the other side.
    Absolutely true but sometimes you just need to go experience life elsewhere to know what you got at home.
    WP8fan and TechFreak1 like this.
    08-02-2013 02:44 PM
    Nahh I needed to find a phone I would have for the next three years! I stumbled upon the 920 and I'm sold!

I kinda like you guys too... I guess
    08-02-2013 03:18 PM
    Love my 920 but still picking up a 925 because that phone is pure class man...
    anon(5928073) likes this.
    08-02-2013 03:32 PM
    Welcome Back!
    08-02-2013 11:25 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcome back guys!

Here's the list of phones I have been through before I stumbled upon the 920: mytouch 4g, iPhone 4, HTC 8x, BB Z10, Galaxy Note and now a 920!
    08-03-2013 12:31 AM
    Thanks for the warm welcome back guys!

Here's the list of phones I have been through before I stumbled upon the 920: mytouch 4g, iPhone 4, HTC 8x, BB Z10, Galaxy Note and now a 920!
    If you don't mind, could you share what brought you back? I too switched to a 4s at the beginning of the year, and ended up coming back as well. I just couldn't handle a different UX/UI, but I can't lie: iOS7 has me considering giving it another try because Microsoft is too stuck in their ways and taking too long for me. For example, they've already stated that they won't release a Siri/Google Now competitor until "the people are ready for it"....; seriously...? A company with that type of mentality is just too far gone imho...
    08-03-2013 08:18 AM
    For example, they've already stated that they won't release a Siri/Google Now competitor until "the people are ready for it"....; seriously...?
    That's interesting; I never heard that! Maybe the correct answer is "until we can figure out how to do it!"
    WP8fan likes this.
    08-03-2013 09:09 AM
    If you don't mind, could you share what brought you back? I too switched to a 4s at the beginning of the year, and ended up coming back as well. I just couldn't handle a different UX/UI, but I can't lie: iOS7 has me considering giving it another try because Microsoft is too stuck in their ways and taking too long for me. For example, they've already stated that they won't release a Siri/Google Now competitor until "the people are ready for it"....; seriously...? A company with that type of mentality is just too far gone imho...
    Honestly I liked every other OS but Windows intrigued me the most. Yes it has its pitfalls but none too bad at all. I personally feel that Apple's OS is just too simple and boring. 7 won't make it any better for me either. I see what you mean about something like siri or google now. A lot of people love that extra. I personally never use it. Pretty much ever haha.

I went to blackberry and found that the new OS is awesome. The HUB looks great.. But there are so many bugs with it. It was unbearable. I am sure it will improve but I just could not deal with it.

As for android, it was just too laggy. Same 'ol with them.

So I thought to myself.. Why did I leave the 8x? What was wrong with it?... Pretty much nothing for me. I love the buttery OS and its new.. But not too new.

Anything else you'd like to know?? Haha hope I answered your questions.
    08-03-2013 01:54 PM
    Honestly I liked every other OS but Windows intrigued me the most. Yes it has its pitfalls but none too bad at all. I personally feel that Apple's OS is just too simple and boring. 7 won't make it any better for me either. I see what you mean about something like siri or google now. A lot of people love that extra. I personally never use it. Pretty much ever haha.

I went to blackberry and found that the new OS is awesome. The HUB looks great.. But there are so many bugs with it. It was unbearable. I am sure it will improve but I just could not deal with it.

As for android, it was just too laggy. Same 'ol with them.

So I thought to myself.. Why did I leave the 8x? What was wrong with it?... Pretty much nothing for me. I love the buttery OS and its new.. But not too new.

Anything else you'd like to know?? Haha hope I answered your questions.
    Pretty much spot on for me as well. iOS was "perfect" for the first few weeks because it way more apps (which I didn't care about in the first place), better support with updates, Siri, etc. Then, things just got too stale, and it took way too long for me to do things that I use to do in the blink of an eye with Windows Phone (like glancing at email quickly through a live tile, vs having to open the mail app, etc..). I've already gone down the Android route, and that was way too laggy and buggy for me as well: the only Android devices I will ever consider are Nexus devices, and only GSM Nexus devices at that.

Blackberry, as you said, is way too buggy, and basically in the same state windows phone 7 was in when it first came out. For me, it makes more sense to stick with something a little more established (and is finally getting attention from developers and companies) vs starting over with an OS that you just don't know is gonna make it or not

For me, I'll most likely keep an iPhone and a Lumia. I hate carrying two devices, but there isn't a single OS that is 100% for me yet. Windows Phone is probably at 95% for me...
    08-03-2013 02:23 PM
    Cool man. Out of all the OS's I used (iOS, Android) I like my 920 the best too. Its the best camera phone with a smooth form factor. The 1020 takes great photos but I just can't get over that hump. 925-928 is a good alternative but I like the distinctive look on the 920. Best balance if form and function! I have a old iP4 though and still keep it incase there are new games not on WP8 yet. And its still a good music player lol.
    WP8fan and TechFreak1 like this.
    08-03-2013 02:36 PM
    Pretty much spot on for me as well. iOS was "perfect" for the first few weeks because it way more apps (which I didn't care about in the first place), better support with updates, Siri, etc. Then, things just got too stale, and it took way too long for me to do things that I use to do in the blink of an eye with Windows Phone (like glancing at email quickly through a live tile, vs having to open the mail app, etc..). I've already gone down the Android route, and that was way too laggy and buggy for me as well: the only Android devices I will ever consider are Nexus devices, and only GSM Nexus devices at that.

Blackberry, as you said, is way too buggy, and basically in the same state windows phone 7 was in when it first came out. For me, it makes more sense to stick with something a little more established (and is finally getting attention from developers and companies) vs starting over with an OS that you just don't know is gonna make it or not

For me, I'll most likely keep an iPhone and a Lumia. I hate carrying two devices, but there isn't a single OS that is 100% for me yet. Windows Phone is probably at 95% for me...
    Yeah, I loved my Z10. Blackberry was just too new and the future was looking dim for them. Right now Windows is a great balance, for me, between new and stable. They have a great platform. Just have to get with the updating haha. Love it though.
    08-03-2013 05:12 PM
    Actually, I am becoming convinced that we are ALL chasing shadows as I don't think we will ever find that "perfect" (100%) OS out there. Technology changes to much. I am firmly convinced that "perfect" is unachievable. you may come close which I think that iPhone does but then you run the risk of becoming stale and boring which iPhone is.
    08-05-2013 12:44 PM
    Show me something that runs perfectly and i'll show you something employing very little innovation
    08-05-2013 12:45 PM
    Very very true. The iPhone is an awesome phone.. Just not for me haha.

If windows keeps going strong, I'm pretty sure my next phone will be windows. I mean they are getting very very close to perfect for my needs, which is all I can ask for.
    08-05-2013 12:51 PM