What's Good settings for Incandescent lighting?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 1020(Yay).

I am going to be testing it out tonight at my friend's 21st birthday party tonight. But this is a question that has always interest me...

What is the best settings for Incandescent lighting?
I always struggled with the best settings and personally i don't think I ever fully used my 920 to it's full abilities because I never could get settings right.

Case in point, my best friend and I were goofing off taking pics at the gym in the mirror and while she looked fine, I looked extremely darker than I normally am. I had it first on Fluorescent and then i changed it to Incandescent.

Then i even tried my usual setting, Daylight which makes me a little lighter but turns me yellowish kind of(like my avatar in the left here).

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's tough to say.No one can say what's the best settings for the situation you are in. The best way is to learn the settings based on different scenarios and play around with it.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, just try stuff and see what happens. In addition to white balance, you may want to try different settings for exposure compensation (+/- icon in Pro Cam) if things are too dark/light.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte