Nokia Camera Apps, Which one to use?

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I noticed with the default camera app or the Nokia Pro Cam app is not very fast when tring to take quick shots. The time you have to wait between shots, waiting for the photo to save, takes too long so I can't take one right after another like how I was used to doing on my Samsung Note 2 and S4 Active. After using the 1020 for a while now is Nokia's way of doing multiple shots, one right after another, is to only use the Smart Cam App? Just wanted to get some feedback on the best way I can take pictures of my baby and kids. The Smart Cam App is nice but you have to keep the phone steady while it's doing it's thing. I like to take quick shots and move the camera at the sametime to try and capture my baby that doesn't like to hold still for photos or trying to capture a candid shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Its because the Pro Cam app is saving both a 38 MP file and a processed oversampled 5 MP image. This is actually kinda similar to the way a high end DSLR would work. You normally wait a few seconds in between photos because it processes and saves the files to an SD card (which itself is not very fast).

You can use the built-in camera app, that one is a bit faster, but of course you won't get the fancy high resolution shots.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
For best shots at full resolution use the Pro Camera app, for quick shots you can use the WP os default app. I personally don't even notice the delay much on the Pro Cam, but then again I never used to take very quick succesive shots anyway with my previous WP.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The Pro cam app doesn't bother me with it's speed since it is doing more work than most other cameraphones do.

If i need to take rapid shots, I use smartcam.

Quinlan00

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I really haven't found the delay to limit me either with the Pro cam app. I guess if I was trying to shoot sports it might be insufficient, but then an actual camera would be a much better tool for that anyway.

Last edited:

kopi22

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
The Pro cam app doesn't bother me with it's speed since it is doing more work than most other cameraphones do.

If i need to take rapid shots, I use smartcam.

If only one can predict that he need to take rapid shots within the next few seconds. Switching lenses is losing those precious moments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion