So, I decided to move from bb to wp8 (I hate android, and bored from iOS) at least one month ago, bought a 920 and I'm more happy impossible.

altough I only have one problem during this experience.. my 920 screen starts to flicker sometimes while in places with ''hot'' sun or very lighty rooms..

is there any chance to microsoft fix this problem in gdr2 (amber) update?? I already got used to it, but it's still boring..

EDIT: I believe this is a software problem, related to the OS or something, since no other problem has ocurred since I bought it.. or is it a hardware problem and I shall take it to nokia care?
    08-02-2013 02:53 PM
    I think that this problem is related to both software calibration and the light sensor in the phone, but to me it seems more like a faulty light sensor. I'd try a soft reset just for sure, although I don't think that this will solve the problem - volume down and power button, hold 'em together and it should soft reset the phone. Don't worry, all the data remains intact. Otherwise, I'd take it to Nokia Care, because hey, that's why they're there, right? :).
    08-02-2013 03:19 PM
    I think that this problem is related to both software calibration and the light sensor in the phone, but to me it seems more like a faulty light sensor. I'd try a soft reset just for sure, although I don't think that this will solve the problem - volume down and power button, hold 'em together and it should soft reset the phone. Don't worry, all the data remains intact. Otherwise, I'd take it to Nokia Care, because hey, that's why they're there, right? :).
    I've already soft reseted it in a dark room, which actually made it better.. it's happening less and with less intensity as well, sure, guess I'll wait until gdr2 comes out, if It does not fix it, I'll take it no nokia care, the only problem is that nokia's assistence in my town isn't very well apreciated, they take waaaaay too long to give the cellphones back and they don't fix always..

but guess this is my only option.. I think you're right, both software and hardware.. thanks for quick replying =)
    08-02-2013 04:22 PM
    It was a problem for me as well on earlier firmware revisions. Since I got to firmware 1308 it is no longer an issue. Check to see if you have the latest FW, if not then cross your fingers that you'll get Amber FW together with GDR2.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    08-02-2013 04:45 PM
    It was a problem for me as well on earlier firmware revisions. Since I got to firmware 1308 it is no longer an issue. Check to see if you have the latest FW, if not then cross your fingers that you'll get Amber FW together with GDR2.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    08-02-2013 04:45 PM
    I have the lastest one, 1314.. I'm crossing fingers for gdr2
    08-02-2013 08:23 PM