Lumia 1020 $249 @ Fry's Electronics

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
By buying a Lumia 1020 at Frys

Is that an advertised deal? Or is it a general thing, like if you just spend over a certain amount?

I've got about $60 of credit at Fry's that has been sitting there for over a year. If you add that the phone is $250 there, and then a $25 gift card... well, that may push me into getting one.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Is that an advertised deal? Or is it a general thing, like if you just spend over a certain amount?

I've got about $60 of credit at Fry's that has been sitting there for over a year. If you add that the phone is $250 there, and then a $25 gift card... well, that may push me into getting one.

DO IT! You know you want this phone. I have this phone and it's the best phone I've ever owne. Also, it takes AMAZING pics. Look over here! http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/233015-pictures-video-taken-your-1020-a.html

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
DO IT! You know you want this phone. I have this phone and it's the best phone I've ever owne. Also, it takes AMAZING pics. Look over here! http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/233015-pictures-video-taken-your-1020-a.html

The hard part for me is that I'm still extremely happy with my 920. I didn't feel the upgrade itch that I usually feel. The 920 still feels fresh and new to me.

With the 1020 I'd pretty much be paying for my same phone with an amazing camera and rich recording. Both things I want. But it's almost like just buying an add-on to my current phone.

But I suppose the next Nokia phone with a 41mp camera may not be out for a year. And if that's the case, do I want to wait that long?

Then there's the option of waiting 2-3 months for the price to come down to $200.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The hard part for me is that I'm still extremely happy with my 920. I didn't feel the upgrade itch that I usually feel. The 920 still feels fresh and new to me.

With the 1020 I'd pretty much be paying for my same phone with an amazing camera and rich recording. Both things I want. But it's almost like just buying an add-on to my current phone.

But I suppose the next Nokia phone with a 41mp camera may not be out for a year. And if that's the case, do I want to wait that long?

Then there's the option of waiting 2-3 months for the price to come down to $200.

My girlfriend wishes I had the same wherewithal you do. I bought mine on release day as an upgrade from my 920. Then again, I'm a photographer looking for a way to reduce the number of cameras I carry around. So our situations are a bit different. To each their own. I can honestly say it's a worthy upgrade from a 920. :D

EchoRedux

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
At the time there was a sign by the phone display that said if you purchase a qualifying smartphone, you get a 25 dollar gift card. I asked if the 1020 counted and it did. Got the advertised price of $250 and got the card. Knowing Fry's they probably have this promotion going a few days here and a few days there. Every week there's a new deal. I'd call your local store to see if they have the promotion going and see if the price is still right on the 1020.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I was at Fry's intent on only "looking" at the Lumia 1020.

As I approached the mobile phones section, my feeling of "looking" started turning into a feeling of "buying."

Then I got there and the display phone wasn't even a working model. It just has a fake image on the screen.

Needless to say, my excitement faded and I walked out.

CopaCC

May 26, 2013
Visit site
The Fry's near my house is one of the few places around that does have working phones on display you can play with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss