lumia 920 repair

westonasdf

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
So today, I dropped my lumia 920 face forward on the bus and cracked the screen. I've never replaced a screen myself so I was wondering is it easy to replace the screen and what are the chances I end up with a bricked phone. If anyone could answer this, it would be great! Thanks

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
There is an excellent YouTube video by I think le55on5 or something like that. It walks you through a full tear down including screen separation for replacement. If you only broke the glass you can get a new digitizer for around $80. If you broke the LCD it will be more. If you are a bit technical you shouldn't have any issues doing it yourself. I love how easy the 920 is to fix I just wish the parts were a little cheaper.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Don't run around on the carpet with just socks on holding the circuit board but replacing a screen is a pretty minor repair that takes no soldering. If you are that uncomfortable after watching the video though it might not be something you want to try.

stevoabc123

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I did it myself, and felt a little in over my head. There's nothing too bad about it all... Just be careful. The only tricky part was getting the digitizer off. Since the glass was all broken, I had trouble. What I ended up doing was chipping away enough until I could slide something under it to lift it up.

Also, this confused me when it came to buying parts, so maybe this will help.
Digitizer = "The glass" over the LCD. So if only the glass is cracked, and the LCD under is okay, this is all you'll need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon