Lumia 920 Developer Edition: what is the correct Navifirm firmware?

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Haha, I bought this phone on Vodafone Ireland and flashed it with an unbranded UK rom and just wondering will I get an ota update for that firmware or is it tied to my product code, not sure how it works, maybe you do??

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Haha, I bought this phone on Vodafone Ireland and flashed it with an unbranded UK rom and just wondering will I get an ota update for that firmware or is it tied to my product code, not sure how it works, maybe you do??

tied to product type (Lumia xxx) and imei number

-edit and provider, unless you have an unlocked one

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes but when I check for updates using Nokia software updater for retail it shows my original product code not the one that is actually on it now so am confused! Can't find a straight answer anywhere lol

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Have u tried with Nokia care suite, product support tool, that will allow u to input product code that u are using.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I know I can do it that way, my main question is will it update ota to the unbranded firmware or will it be tied to my original product code?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I can almost guarantee it will not rebrand you (I say almost because I have a Lumia 928 that I can't unbrand, and a 620 I unbranded but that hasn't received an update yet). After extracting a number of the files from the image and attempting to force an update with fiddler and some people over on XDA, I don't see any way the servers can push a different product code image to your phone. They don't have updates that switch from one product code to another, so the only way they could do it is if they actually forced a device flash remotely with the update, and I definitely have not heard anyone complain about that yet or when GDR1 was pushed out. Think you should be safe

Storl

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Would be pretty nice if people could report if Reset still breaks on GDR2 when GDR2 actually hits their phones soonish.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
What I mean is I bought the phone branded and unbranded it myself, will the ota update look for the new unbranded firmware or the original one ,as when I plug my phone into my laptop it still shows the original one

AHMAD DADFAR

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
dear developer and advance user :

shame on you that u can not flash ur own developer device, and shame on nokia to give u the lumia before every one else .

so easy job ( flashing ) you can not do .... so funny to have developer like this

thanks god i am still using Meego OS ( father of all Lumia 's)

SauX64

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Sweet. it worked - I can now see the "Welcome to Windows Phone" screen!

Nokia and Microsoft: we are developers and pretty advanced users - but I'm still not very happy about the time you made me spend on this. You could probably save a ton of money in support costs if you just made "reset phone" work like it should: tap "reset phone" and after a reboot it should just work.

If will take longer to reset due to larger amounts of apps or data, add a counter to the "gears of hell" informing the user how long until the reset will finish.

Thank you Darren and everyone!

after flashing it, did it upgrade to amber? If so, do you have datasense?

yukit

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Flashing firmware is not that hard. especially once you have done it.

As you probably know, real GD2 & Amber are available now, so I upgraded to the new Euro Dev firmware this weekend. The version is 3047.00001326.2002.

Besides the usual bunch of apps stuck downloading & rearranging tiles again. So far so good.

Nokia Pro Camera is pretty decent. I had downloaded the app when it became available, but I could not use it until the update.

Surinamgirl

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So i understand that more people are stuck with the spinning gears..
i tried everything but nothing works for me. :crying:
As i live in Suriname, I don't want it to send it to Nokia care because we don;t have one here.
I want to flash it and have another software on it. The phone is stuck with the gears for almost two days now
and I don't know what to do, i really need that phone as it is my only phone.
Maybe someone can tell me what to do and where to find a good firmware?
I don;t really know if it is 1308 or 1314, but i want the one that works good.
Maybe someone can help me and tell me what to do, so i can flash my phone myself

I have a nokia lumia 920 black and i bought it a month ago..
Pleaseee help!! :unhappysweat:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb