Got a new replacement 8x from Verizon.. But.. Screen issue.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Back when this device first came out I remember seeing a few threads about the 8x screen sticking out or higher in some places. My first 8x was flawless physically but it died. The 8x Verizon sent me to replace my old one has the issue with the screen being higher on the bottom. It also shows light at the bottom when dark. Looking at the top it is as if the screen is just barely not in all the way... I am wondering about trying to get another replacement or am I being too picky.. I also don't want problems later down the road because of this issue. Since it appears the screen isn't all the way in my two main concerns would be the screen breaking loose from the shell and or dust getting inside the phone even though it is a small gap about a millimeter on top. What do you guys think?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
For the love of all that is Holy, replace away!!! Why settle for a device with a flaw when it is still 100% under warrenty??? No brainer. You have a long way to go with it. Do not settle.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Like you, I had a phone for 9 months that was flawless until it died. Now, the corners of my "new" replacement has the coating missing from one of the corners. Not happy about that, I guess I should also bring mine in under warranty while I can. I expect they'll blame me somehow, even though I it has to be a defect since I didn't have any issues with my first phone which was in immaculate condition after 9 months and this one bad within weeks of same usage.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Like you, I had a phone for 9 months that was flawless until it died. Now, the corners of my "new" replacement has the coating missing from one of the corners. Not happy about that, I guess I should also bring mine in under warranty while I can. I expect they'll blame me somehow, even though I it has to be a defect since I didn't have any issues with my first phone which was in immaculate condition after 9 months and this one bad within weeks of same usage.

They won't, even if they suspect it. They will replace it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel