Get Facebook birthday events to calendar

Ravi Ramgoolam

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Finally got my 920 today, added my Microsoft and Facebook account to the phone but I'm not seeing the Facebook birthday's showing up in the calender. I waited for them to both sync completely but still no events are on the calender. Am i missing a step here? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I only JUST started getting the event alerts, this past month. It's so weird. One day I woke up and I saw it on the lockscreen saying so-and-so's birthday is today.
I don't know why it took so long to show up, but yeah. It might be something to do with the Facebook app actually, cus I started getting the event notifs after I installed the newly updated FB app. (official one)

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
You could try going to your calendar settings in outlook.com and selecting the birthday calendar and manually refreshing it through there. It usually just takes a while to sync.

I had to manually edit contacts and add a few birthdays for it to actually do the rest. It was weird, but I didn't really ask any questions :wink:

Ravi Ramgoolam

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Finally got the birthday events to show, i had to subscribe to the Facebook calender via my other windows live account and voila all the birthdays are now showing up on my phone. Yay! Thank you guys. If only the Facebook app would just get notifications now would be awesome!

azdenn

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the opposite problem! I deleted the facebook beta app, deleted the facebook account from my 920 and still all the annoying birthday announcements are hardwired into my basic 920 Calendar... I want them gone...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers