ATT 520 for $72 at Amazon

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Unbranded phones are phones that aren't specifically made for a carrier. There isn't a carrier holding them back. Carriers don't sell phones that are locked to their network but don't have their logos or apps on them.

So, for unbranded phones, where do the updates come from? Microsoft's website? The user visits windowsphone.com, then clicks on a link that says Click here to download an update to your phone's OS?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Unbranded generally means that the phone isn't locked to any carrier. You are also responsible to make sure it has the exact bands you need.

Keep in mind, unbranded don't always get updates first. In fact, I have seen some examples of that in these forums.

unbranded phones will generally be unlocked. But unlocking a locked phone will never unbrand it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who ordered from Amazon ordered received it yet?

I haven't received it yet, but I received tracking information. According to that it's being shipped via FedEx Smartpost and just arrived at my local post office.

I have a question unrelated to shipping: is it possible to take a carrier branded device like this and flash unbranded firmware?

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't received it yet, but I received tracking information. According to that it's being shipped via FedEx Smartpost and just arrived at my local post office.

I have a question unrelated to shipping: is it possible to take a carrier branded device like this and flash unbranded firmware?

When did you order it?

Price at Amazon is back up to $99.99.

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
When did you order it?

Price at Amazon is back up to $99.99.

I ordered it August 1, last Thursday. I paid $90.02. You are correct; it is back up to $99.99. I'm quite certain it was still $90.02 this morning. I'll confirm arrival when it happens.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine. I put my Net10 AT&T SIM card in it. I had to play with the APN settings a little, but both data & MMS work fine.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Ordered one @ $88 on 8/4. It turned out the 3-5 day shipping was listed at the same price as the 5-9 day free shipping. I don't have Amazon Prime.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon