Battery life

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
But... At least you can keep him alive a entire work day? I mean leave home and with some usage and then get home at night with him alive?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine will last a couple of days with conservative use.

Might be an idea if you take a look through thise thread

Battery tricks and tips for the HTC 8X

Which will guide you through some battery-saving settings. You don't have to do them all. The main thing to consider is turning off unused services (Bluetooth and NFC). Turning off NFC made a pretty dramatic difference for me.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is one thing I am pleased with about my 8x. It lasts all day easy with fairly heavy use. For example yesterday I took it off the charger at 5am. About an hour of phone calls, about 30-40 sms/mms, about 20 photos, an hour and a half of podcasts, and probably about an hour and a half or 2 hours of other various activities like Facebook, browsing, games, etc. I plugged back in at 11pm and had about 15% battery left. Better than any android I have had (except my Droid razr maxx. That thing was a BEAST)

mg12m

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
hi
mine lasts at least 48 hours!(once it took 5 days(almost i did nothing))
things i do daily (average):
call : ~15 min
sms : ~20
music : ~1.5h
wifi: ~1 hours
camera : ~10pic
game+apps+...= ~ 2 hour

mrdeeds_72

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
mine was going down to about 6 hrs with moderate use and after installing waze, even worse. After removing that and doing a factory reset, its back over 13 hrs

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd say mine gets around 10-13 hours on a charge with heavy use. I'm on my phone all the time doing something. When I don't use it very much, it can last a day. I like the battery life on my phone but am always looking to improve it.

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I take mine off the charger around 4:00 am to 5:00 am and always have between 40% to 60% left at 9:00 pm when I put it back on the charger. Never understood the complaints about battery life. I don't stream videos all day though.

Klaric

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I get about 2 days on light use, 26 hours moderate and about 10 with heavy use (heavy will drain any phone quickly). I have noticed with the 8X that sometimes the battery indicator needs recalibration. Typically I just reboot it a few times. I had an issue where all of a sudden it was only reporting about 8 hours of battery life after full charge. A reboot or two later, the indicator instantly swapped to a little over 2 days.

p111

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd say mine gets around 10-13 hours on a charge with heavy use. I'm on my phone all the time doing something. When I don't use it very much, it can last a day. I like the battery life on my phone but am always looking to improve it.
do you have gdr2 installed or are you still on gdr1?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon