Change Log for Lumia 920 Amber [India]

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Rohit-Your Amber ROM update works well and easy to install via NCS-However there is no PEEK and Call blocker yet on this and IE search engine is only Bing :( rest all works well

the PEEK is already available to Indian Amber update and I am using it. Call blocker is also available to Indian Amber update, though this needs to be installed manually from the store.

Amit Arora1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Subramanian Krish

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
the PEEK is already available to Indian Amber update and I am using it. Call blocker is also available to Indian Amber update, though this needs to be installed manually from the store.

yeah-did that with QR codes now all well.But does this mean in future too we may not get 'push updates" or we will be mainstreamed after the official OTA update?

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
yeah-did that with QR codes now all well.But does this mean in future too we may not get 'push updates" or we will be mainstreamed after the official OTA update?

Oh you are still getting push updates. Its just that the store checks for updates only once or twice in a day at a definite time. In between that if an app gets updates, it wont get reflected in your store until the next scheduled check for updates. Thats all. I can confirm i am still getting push updates for my lumia 920.

For those of you asking regarding google not being an option in the IE settings, it appears its a bug in this ROM and most likely will get rectified by the time we receive official updates OTA.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys, to all of you who have flashed the leaked Amber firmware, I will strongly recommend that once the official OTA update is available kindly reflash your phones to the old firmware (GDR1 - FW 1308/1314) and update through wifi. I say this becasue I have noticed a couple of bugs in this firmware:

1. There is a bug in the IE settings where it does not allow you to change default search engine to Google. (The two given options are Bing and Bing)
2. Somehow the message and email notification tones sound weird (Nokia mail and Nokia Message). They are very short and low in volume. I am not sure if they are actually going to be like this in the new official firmware, but possibly could be buggy in this build.

Those who do not have the old firmware (version 1308) can currently download it through Nokia Care Suite.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
^Agree. I'm facing several issues on GDR2 L920 India...want to flash it to portico but dont know how...can you help me?

1. Open Nokia Care Suite -> Product Support Tool
2. Sign in as 'Care Suite External'
3. Click on Tools (Upper Left) -> Firmware download
4. In the window that pops up, enter your product code (059... whatever it is for your model, not the RM.. thing) -> Check Online

It will show you the latest firmware available for your phone. Right now it will be something ending with 1308.00.. This is the GDR1/Portico firmware you need.

5. Select the 'Optional Content Files' option and click on download. The download will start and the progress will be visible in the lower part of the main window. Let it download the entire firmware. It will get downloaded to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM... (RM... being your phone's product number)

Screenshot (14).png

6. Use this firmware to flash phone. The process, if required, is detailed out in one of my previous posts in this discussion only.

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Guys, to all of you who have flashed the leaked Amber firmware, I will strongly recommend that once the official OTA update is available kindly reflash your phones to the old firmware (GDR1 - FW 1308/1314) and update through wifi. I say this becasue I have noticed a couple of bugs in this firmware:

1. There is a bug in the IE settings where it does not allow you to change default search engine to Google. (The two given options are Bing and Bing)
2. Somehow the message and email notification tones sound weird (Nokia mail and Nokia Message). They are very short and low in volume. I am not sure if they are actually going to be like this in the new official firmware, but possibly could be buggy in this build.

Those who do not have the old firmware (version 1308) can currently download it through Nokia Care Suite.

The message and notification sounds may not be a bug. I see new ringtones as a feature in the Amber update.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The message and notification sounds may not be a bug. I see new ringtones as a feature in the Amber update.

Why i am calling them as a possible bug is because they are way too short in duration and low in volume to really act as a notification. But yes, could possibly be the actual new tones. And if they are the new official ones then they are really bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel