The Price has started to drop

D

Deleted member 199301

Ran into the same thing myself. The corp store has refused to match the price drops. I won't buy one. The website like Microsoft and Amazon don't allow me to keep my unlimited data and 200 texts. I dearly want one, held her in hand yesterday, but the $299 is nuts.

Desmoface

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hmm...from Bestbuy's website:

Online or In Store: Find a Lower Price and We'll Match It.
If you find a lower price on a qualifying product at a local retail competitor's store or a designated major online retailer, we will match the price. At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com?. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phone devices and plans, the online prices of retailers not listed, the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace vendors) on designated major online retailers websites, post purchase price match requests to competitor's prices, Best Buy for Business™, offers that include financing, gift card offers, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, our and our competitor's Deal of the Day, daily deals, special hour sale event items and credit card offers, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

I don't see the 1020 on Fry's site, but they do have the 920 for $29.99 with contract. But Amazon has the 1020 for $249.99. That 920 is a screaming deal.

Steve

Last edited:

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
microsoft store specifically says you can keep your plan (under keep my unlimited data plan with a special note --- keep your current plan)

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
AT&T requires that you maintain one of these features for as long as you use this smartphone. All smartphone data features include unlimited access to more than 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots nationwide at no additional charge:
Monthly
Price
DataPlus - 300MB for 4G LTE View Details$20.00
DataPro - 3GB of data usage for Internet and email View Details$30.00
DataPro - 3GB for 4G LTE View Details$30.00
DataPro w/ Tethering - 5GB for 4G LTE View Details$50.00
DataPro w/ Tethering - 5GB of data usage for Internet and email plus PC tethering View Details$50.00
Keep My Unlimited Smartphone Data - Keep your existing smartphone monthly data feature (Monthly price will depend on current feature) View Details$0.00

The following is the details of what you can keep

Pick from the following AT&T smartphone data features...
With a Smartphone data feature from AT&T, you can maximize the value of your new smartphone. Browse the Internet, access email, and download entertainment and software directly to your cell phone through one of these data services.
FeaturePrice?Data Usage IncludedOverage RateAT&T Wi-Fi Hot SpotPC Tethering
DataPlus$15.00200MB$15.00 per 200MBUnlimited access to 20,000 AT&T Hot Spots nationwide. A Wi-Fi connection (where available) will generally provide faster speeds and will not count against your monthly data plan usage total.N/A
DataPro$25.002GB$10.00 per 1GBN/A
DataPro w/ Tethering$45.002GB$10.00 per 1GBYes, use your smartphone as a laptop modem.
DataPro Enterprise$40.002GB$10.00 per 1GBN/A
DataPro Enterprise w/ Tethering$60.002GB$10.00 per 1GBUse your smartphone as a laptop modem.
Keep My Unlimited Smartphone DataTBDUnlimitedN/AN/A

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I still have an Unlimited plan, but I really wish I could tether.

In my opinion, AT&T's 5GB plans are too expensive for the amount of data you can use. If it was 8GB I might be willing to give up my Unlimited plan. Or if you could roll over data like you do minutes I'd do it. Heck, even if rolled over data had a 10GB cap it would be fine.

I use under 4GB most months. But sometimes, if I'm out of town, I will go over by a decent sized chunk.

As for phone pricing (to get back on the thread's topic), the $300 seems a little high for me considering there's also the $36 upgrade fee.

I currently have a 920, and to get that awesome camera (and I honestly don't take all that many pictures), I'd have to give up my built-in wireless charging.

Fry's and Amazon have it for $249, which isn't quite low enough yet. The Microsoft store throws in the camera grip, but they're still keeping the price at $300. So really, it's like going to Fry's or Amazon and buying it and the camera grip. It ends up being close to the same.

The 2GB or RAM doesn't make that much of a difference to me. I've never noticed my phone getting sluggish. I wish they had 64 GB of on-board storage though.

When the price gets down to $200 on contract I may bite. I expect that we'll see it happen first on Amazon.

Desmoface

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
That's kind of what I'm waiting for. I figure I'll buy it and then a week or 2 later it will be $199. I'm in no hurry.

Steve

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That's kind of what I'm waiting for. I figure I'll buy it and then a week or 2 later it will be $299. I'm in no hurry.

Steve

I'm guessing you meant $199. Otherwise... buy it now!! :wink:

But seriously... if this phone had 64 GB or storage, I'd probably have already picked it up.

If it came with wireless charging, I'd probably have already picked it up.

I really want that camera. But this really isn't a 1020. It's more like a 920 variant.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If it had SD card support I would gladly pay the full $300.

Well, maybe not gladly. I don't think I'm ever glad about paying money. LoL

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I think I would buy a 64gb at $300.
It is just surprising to me that they would come out with the 920 at $100 with a wireless charger and then the 1020 at $300 with nothing? Makes it very hard for me to use the upgrade I have.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I would buy a 64gb at $300.
It is just surprising to me that they would come out with the 920 at $100 with a wireless charger and then the 1020 at $300 with nothing? Makes it very hard for me to use the upgrade I have.

True. I got my 920 with a wireless charging plate.

If I get the 1020, not only do I pay $100 and not get any freebies, but I also lose my wireless charging.

The 1020 is great. But I don't think it was aimed at people who have a 920 already since most would still be under contract.

Desmoface

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
LOL, I was just finna post that...good catch. Unfortunately, I'm in the Mid-West..It's just a matter of time, though...I bet when the new iphone gets announced we'll start to see price drops on a lot of phones.

Steve

Desmoface

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Just spoke to an ATT rep online, showed him the link. He said that they woudn't honor it in my area...Oh well, doesn't hurt to ask. I even mentioned that my contract just ended..no joy.:eck:

Steve

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I think I may call customer retention and see if I can get this $199 + camera grip deal. I really want this phone but I am just strapped a little for cash right now and while I understand it doesnt make a difference over the life of the contract, it definitely would be better used in my wallet.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I paid $718 full off contract price. I think I might return it soon. Not because I don't want it but the used price is already dropping fairly quick. Saw one sell for $400 the other day.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos