Lumia 920 Digitizer Replace - Blue Tinge

hbhb1316

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My friend broke his digitizer and I replaced it for him. The digitizer he ordered was from ebay. The process went smoothly, thanks to LE55ONS, but when I finished the assembly, the screen appeared slightly blue. I made sure the inside plastic film was removed as well when I put things back. I first thought the screen was a fake but when I took it to a dark room to calibrate, I noticed white light escaping from the edges. It appears as though we didn't do a very good job with the adhesive - he did it for a while and I did it for some time. It appeared ok during inspection but am sure something went wrong. I am wondering if I should now disassemble and put it back - painful but necessary :unhappysweat:. Does anyone else have experience with this process? Any Yoda advice?

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I can answer for the blue tinge, maybe when it was damaged initially it's cause an issue with the LCD itself, or the display ribbon isn't connected correctly ?

As for the light bleed, this is caused by not using black adhesive or putting it in the correct place. You can buy black phone adhesive ( 2mm width rolls ) for a few ?/$. When I replaced my digitizer I placed it right up to the edge of the of the glass, you will also need a strip around the clear section of the digitizer to so button light doesnt leak into the bottom of the lcd. Also keep in mind, if light can leak out, dust can likely get in so it's best to re do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05