SIm Unlocked 920 replaced by Nokia with Sim locked

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys

Just to make you aware...

Ive just had my 920 replaced by Nokia Care.... My old one had a few problems with the ear speaker, battery and over heating.

Now i unlocked my 920 as it was Locked to the EEUK network, but Nokia sent me back a Locked version even though i told them in the repair notes it was sim unlocked.

I got a call back after complaining saying nothing they can do as they don't supply unlocked devices... I said to the guy so if i unlock this one and it develops a fault and is replaced you will send me back another locked one... Yes.

Lets just hope you other guys dont have the problem.

Thanks
Kev

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
That is rubbish, I have had my unlocked 920 replaced with another unlocked via nokia support in the UK. Argue your case a bit more.

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Pezley. Did yours come unlocked or did you get the code?

Ive emailed Stephen Elop i know its a bit over kill but might as well go to the top dog.

Just had a reply.. Probably not from him.

Hello there,

I am sorry that you have encountered these problems. I will ask my team to assist.

Regards,

Stephen

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I think they are right. You bought a locked phone. When you claim you should get a lock phone.

If you buy a red 920, 2 months in, got bored then decided to paint it to purple, it will still said in your receipt that you bought a red 920 right?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think they are right. You bought a locked phone. When you claim you should get a lock phone.

Yes and No, if EE unlocked the phone then he should get and unlocked one however if EE did not unlock it. Then he will end up getting a sim locked phone as it will be recorded on their system as still sim locked.

Hopefully if he argues his case a bit more maybe to a manager then he might get a unlocked one but chances are pretty slim. :p

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Looks like my Email to Stephen Elop paid off.

After sending back my Replacement locked white 920 a unlocked 920 has turned up in Red with a Free Nokia Case cc-1043 in gray.

I asked if it was possible to exchange it for Red or Yellow.

Now heres the odd thing... The phone they have sent back to me has the same IMEI number as the replacement i sent back to them.

They have changed the physical product code on the phone to 059R071 which is CV_GB Red, before it was 059R1W5 UK EE White.

Looks like it does pay off to complain after being told by Nokia care it couldn't be unlocked.

I would have got EE to unlock the repalcement but they refused because it needs to be on the network for 6 months, ive only got 3 months left and im heading away from EE.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Looks like my Email to Stephen Elop paid off.

After sending back my Replacement locked white 920 a unlocked 920 has turned up in Red with a Free Nokia Case cc-1043 in gray.

I asked if it was possible to exchange it for Red or Yellow.

Now heres the odd thing... The phone they have sent back to me has the same IMEI number as the replacement i sent back to them.

They have changed the physical product code on the phone to 059R071 which is CV_GB Red, before it was 059R1W5 UK EE White.

Looks like it does pay off to complain after being told by Nokia care it couldn't be unlocked.

I would have got EE to unlock the repalcement but they refused because it needs to be on the network for 6 months, ive only got 3 months left and im heading away from EE.

Damn that is a pretty decent outcome :p also is all your data intact or it was clean?

Hopefully EE and O2 drop their prices once Vodaphone and 3 announce their 4g Tariffs.. though 3 would most likely announce it 2014 given they are pushing DC-HSPA first.

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I cleared it before i sent it off.

Ye i was looking at the other networks had a bad experience with three when it first started so don't know if i will go back. But Vodafone looks to be the best option as they more data for your money.

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh ****, wish I'd read this first. Sent mine in for a fix on Tuesday.

I'd bought it from EE, but unlocked it via 3rd party to run on GiffGaff.

If it comes back locked but with the same IMEI no then I should be able to use the unlock code again. I'm assuming though the the fault will require new internals and hence it's a different phone. If it's locked I'll be pissed.

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Lucky i called EE for the unlock code they put it through on the system but then refused to give me the code. I had to unlock it via a third party as well.

Nokia did ask for proof that it was unlocked via EE, as the CS are so stupid they emailed me saying i had made the request.

If you get any problems let me know.

Just ignore what Nokia care says and keep pushing.

stevieby

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Sent my Nokia for repair - had no choice as it was at spinning gears. Officially unlocked by EE who I am no longer a customer.
And today get back a locked one despite specifically stating it was officially unlocked and I am not on EE.

It's quite frustrating especially when companies such as Apple seem to just do this transparently.

Anyone got any ideas? Sent off an email to the Elop address in the hope it gets sorted but has anyone got advice?

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I got lucky, Customer complaints and resolutions team quickly offered to give me a CV firmware variant, even though it's against policy. Great service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel