06-28-2014 12:55 PM
1,171 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    As far as I know 4g is already enabled on the handset. Its just that no mobiles in India support the Indian 4g frequency of 2300 Mhz
    08-16-2013 02:35 AM
    Hey u got amber update through OTA? Den y v didn't got it yet
    Read the thread thoroughly. The update is available for lumia 920 (Indian unlocked models ) only.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    08-16-2013 02:35 AM
    As far as I know 4g is already enabled on the handset. Its just that no mobiles in India support the Indian 4g frequency of 2300 Mhz
    Well if the network supports we can have 4G in india.Currently only Kolkata,Bengaluru,Pune,Chandigarh have 4g services available.

08-16-2013 02:39 AM
    I tried to change the picture 5 times in a row , it happened on 10th try , but did not happen after that for another 10 tries. Might be some glitch.
    Though I m still on the leaked one. I m 100% sure it's the same firmware.i cross checked the versions ditto. Hope another update by Nokia will fix it. Btw the files that were leaked on 5th August are the same released on OTA . Wondering what took Nokia 10 days delay in it.

08-16-2013 02:42 AM
    Though I m still on the leaked one. I m 100% sure it's the same firmware.i cross checked the versions ditto. Hope another update by Nokia will fix it. Btw the files that were leaked on 5th August are the same released on OTA . Wondering what took Nokia 10 days delay in it.

Approval process
    anon(7900571) likes this.
    08-16-2013 02:46 AM
    Hey u got amber update through OTA? Den y v didn't got it yet
    Refer this mate : Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia
    08-16-2013 02:47 AM
    Approval process
    Btw I also installed Samsung exclusive apps like app folder which create folder on your start screen.you can search them in the forums for that's. Samsung apps are pretty sweet. :)

08-16-2013 02:50 AM
    Btw I also installed Samsung exclusive apps like app folder which create folder on your start screen.you can search them in the forums for that's. Samsung apps are pretty sweet. :)

How mate? please enlighten me...via fiddler?? what RM number should i put there?
    kullu123 likes this.
    08-16-2013 02:52 AM
    How mate? please enlighten me...via fiddler??
    Install any manufacturers app from one place without fiddler!!

1. Go to settings /language +region..change your region to United states and then restart your phone.

2. Go to settings /WiFi / press your WiFi network and there you can see an option to switch on proxy.

3. After switching on it will ask for the server address and port number, fill them with the above details and save.

4. That's it, open up market and click apps from Nokia, there you can find All the applications

Note:
    Since it is a proxy, there is the chance that some sensitive data may be transmitting across the wire to the proxy (I'm assuming it's a Fiddler proxy due to the default 8888 port number). I would turn off all e-mail from syncing while running this..

Thanks to reker @xda developer forums

Everything at once
    Proxy: 117.135.139.179
    Port: 8888
    Country/Region: USA

You can turn off proxy to speed up once download is started.

Everything in market is install-able, if you see 'not compatible', try 3 seconds later with lucky until success.
    Enjoy
    Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2400715

I got a 8mbps plan nd the speed was horrible while downloading 1 mb app like app folder by Samsung . Took 2 mins to download that on wifi. You can see all the OEM apps in Nokia collection after doing all this.best part you don't any fiddler app :)

08-16-2013 02:57 AM
    No. I got the two app updates a day or two ago AT THE SAME TIME on BOTH my lumia 920 and 720. So what you are saying doesnt really make sense. Sorry but it doesnt.
    U r correct Rohit. I also received these two updates in my 820 yesterday, but no GDR2 yet.
    08-16-2013 02:57 AM
    Well if the network supports we can have 4G in india.Currently only Kolkata,Bengaluru,Pune,Chandigarh have 4g services available.
    Yes, but the device also needs to support the LTE frequency.
    Check this link
    08-16-2013 03:17 AM
    Yes, but the device also needs to support the LTE frequency.
    Check this link
    Didn't know that. This means 4g won't be in the firmware for Indian lumia 920.anyways I m satisfied with my 3G plan offered in Delhi. Else I prefer wifi :p

08-16-2013 03:22 AM
    Install any manufacturers app from one place without fiddler!!

1. Go to settings /language +region..change your region to United states and then restart your phone.

2. Go to settings /WiFi / press your WiFi network and there you can see an option to switch on proxy.

3. After switching on it will ask for the server address and port number, fill them with the above details and save.

4. That's it, open up market and click apps from Nokia, there you can find All the applications

Note:
    Since it is a proxy, there is the chance that some sensitive data may be transmitting across the wire to the proxy (I'm assuming it's a Fiddler proxy due to the default 8888 port number). I would turn off all e-mail from syncing while running this..

Thanks to reker @xda developer forums

Everything at once
    Proxy: 117.135.139.179
    Port: 8888
    Country/Region: USA

You can turn off proxy to speed up once download is started.

Everything in market is install-able, if you see 'not compatible', try 3 seconds later with lucky until success.
    Enjoy
    Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2400715

I got a 8mbps plan nd the speed was horrible while downloading 1 mb app like app folder by Samsung . Took 2 mins to download that on wifi. You can see all the OEM apps in Nokia collection after doing all this.best part you don't any fiddler app :)

I managed to install app folder , but now store is only showing nokia apps , restarted the phone , inserted the proxy , same thing
    08-16-2013 03:26 AM
    I managed to install app folder , but now store is only showing nokia apps , restarted the phone , inserted the proxy , same thing
    The same happened to my 920. I managed to fix it by first removing the proxy (turning it of),then changing back the region to India restart the phone,then back to USA and again a restart.( know this sux) when u r back with USA as ur region change the wifi settings and try to do the same.try installing one app at time and don't let ur screen turn off (better let the screen time out to never for this process). I was ,amazed to install all the Samsung apps(manga camera,app folder,paint artis ,photog rom,etc but I couldn't try the htc. Many users reported they too can't install the htc one due to some reasons).

08-16-2013 03:32 AM
    Just got 2 app notifs for my Lumia 720. Thought to share with you guys.

extras+info:
    What's new?
    -general fixes and improvements
    -enhancements for Accessories applicaton

Last updated 15-08-13
    Version 1.12.0.1

feedback to Nokia

Last updated 15-08-13
    Version 2.5.0.2

Although I'm not sure if its related to Amber by any means. I guess all we can do now is to wait. Will keep posting if I find anything new.
    08-16-2013 03:37 AM
    Good News guys, 820 users may get amber update - today or tommorow.
    sam.jpg
    anon(7900571) and da_vipin like this.
    08-16-2013 03:37 AM
    The same happened to my 920. I managed to fix it by first removing the proxy (turning it of),then changing back the region to India restart the phone,then back to USA and again a restart.( know this sux) when u r back with USA as ur region change the wifi settings and try to do the same.try installing one app at time and don't let ur screen turn off (better let the screen time out to never for this process). I was ,amazed to install all the Samsung apps(manga camera,app folder,paint artis ,photog rom,etc but I couldn't try the htc. Many users reported they too can't install the htc one due to some reasons)
    As of now it says in IE , if you open google , please turn off proxy with that guy's twitter address
    08-16-2013 03:38 AM
    As of now it says in IE , if you open google , please turn off proxy with that guy's twitter address
    That's because you are accessing a proxy address. If you turn of the proxy you can browse the ie. but to install those apps you need proxy address.

08-16-2013 03:42 AM
    We got these last night before i installed Amber , your phone update cycle might have showed you now.
    08-16-2013 03:43 AM
    We got these last night before i installed Amber , your phone update cycle might have showed you now.
    Did you managed to install those OEM. Apps ?

08-16-2013 03:44 AM
    Good News guys, 820 users may get amber update - today or tommorow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sam.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	40288
    Thanx for sharing this. Hope they seed the update today. (Btw Nokia care guys are dumb they just keep on guessing. )

08-16-2013 03:45 AM
    Here is one bug i see , do any of you with Amber see this in IE settings , default google search in IE is gone and both shows up as Bing. Lol this is disgustingwp_ss_20130816_0001-1-.png
    08-16-2013 03:48 AM
    Here is one bug i see , do any of you with Amber see this in IE settings , default google search in IE is gone and both shows up as Bing. Lol this is disgustingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20130816_0001[1].png 
Views:	14 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	40289
    What I think the war btw Microsoft and google (the most popular is the current issue of the YouTube app ) , Microsoft made a decision to remove the google search engine and instead made bing as the default.the 2 bing act different the first one searches in the bing search app where as the second one opens the search queries/results in Internet explorer itself.its not a bug. :)

08-16-2013 03:51 AM
    What I think the war btw Microsoft and google (the most popular is the current issue of the YouTube app ) , Microsoft made a decision to remove the google search engine and instead made bing as the default.the 2 bing act different the first one searches in the bing search app where as the second one opens the search queries/results in Internet explorer itself.its not a bug. :)

yes , behavior is different , my bad :) . But anyways google search is gone. uhuh
    08-16-2013 03:54 AM
    yes , behavior is different , my bad :) . But anyways google search is gone. uhuh
    Worry not u can always go to google.com or set your homepage to google. Or even best download the google search app from the store. Now in my iPad (iOS 7 ) google is missing. Apple too adopted bing search in Siri and safari. Now google is mainly used in android (google phones). Lol anyways I prefer bing coz it always greet me with a beautiful picture everyday. The results are much clearer( not confusing results as google shows with boring white wallpaper lol ). Everyone has different tastes. I left android 2 years ago. Since then I migrated to windows phone and love bing and Microsoft services ( only love YouTube for watching videos. )

08-16-2013 03:59 AM
1,171 ... 1213141516 ...