Lumia 720 AMBER update INDIA release date 12-Aug-2013

kAkA SEN

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I will let the OTA do it. If not i'll take it to service center in the morning. Its 2 KM from my home. Better would not take a chance on bricking the phone

Listen,if u t facing problem with ota update, then,i will suggest that. Visit service center. Don't try any software like nokia software suite or updater, bcoz if something wrong happens while installing new firmware then software may get corrupted or any error or handset problem may come. So its better to visit service center

kAkA SEN

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I think you should do a hard reset.... Press volume down + Power till you feel a vibration. n yes datasense is there

Dude can you check that after amber update is, 4g is available or not? I will update tomorrow from my office. As my office net speed is 16mbps.

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Dude can you check that after amber update is, 4g is available or not? I will update tomorrow from my office. As my office net speed is 16mbps.

Mine is still on cogging wheels man , hard luck.. ****ty update process.. i am hating this right now. Planning to go to nokia service center in the morning to get this fixed or in case they cant fix it will demand a replacement

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine is still on cogging wheels man , hard luck.. ****ty update process.. i am hating this right now. Planning to go to nokia service center in the morning to get this fixed or in case they cant fix it will demand a replacement

this happened with mine press all the 4 buttons (volume up and down + lock + camera ) for 10 seconds unless u fell a vibration. this cog whell sux I kept my phone for 30 mins still the same problem but after I ggoled and searched this solution works :) do tell me the reults.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Its funny, i got only one update for my lumia 920 and it had both the OS update and the amber update together. By the way, bing bing option bug for default search engine for IE is still there and yes the ringtones have been changed (message tone and mail tone)

My lumia 720, sadly, is still waiting...

nitiniit

May 27, 2013
Visit site
here is the list of details for amber update
Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia

India
Product Description Latest version Lumia Amber update
Lumia 520 Country variant 1030.6409.1314.1002 Waiting for approval
Lumia 620 Country variant 1030.6407.1308.0002 Coming soon
Lumia 720 Country variant 1030.6409.1311.0002 Waiting for approval
Lumia 820 Country variant 1232.5957.1308.0001 Coming soon
Lumia 920 Country variant 3047.0000.1326.2001 Available

naren212

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
i just got off a chat with a Nokia Exec. called Mukesh. He says the remaining Lumia Devices(including the 520) should be getting a notification for an Update VERY soon. He said they've started the process of seeding it.
Why can't they ever give us a SPECIFIC time?!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
i just got off a chat with a Nokia Exec. called Mukesh. He says the remaining Lumia Devices(including the 520) should be getting a notification for an Update VERY soon. He said they've started the process of seeding it.
Why can't they ever give us a SPECIFIC time?!

Imaging you are waiting for your friend in some restaurant and you call him/her up and ask how long will it take for him/her to reach?
If he/she replies 10 minutes, you'll wait 10 minutes and as 10 minutes pass you'll become restless etc.,
Alternatively if he/she replies "Am on my way should be there soon"
You'll call him/her up after some time and enquire about the time needed.

Getting my point here?

kinkate18nic

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
How come they are telling its being seeded when the official Nokia website says its still "Waiting for approval", you should have pointed that out, I can not chat as of now, please some them why they informed us for all devices it will be pushed yesterday but the official website is telling some other story.

Thanks

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
How come they are telling its being seeded when the official Nokia website says its still "Waiting for approval", you should have pointed that out, I can not chat as of now, please some them why they informed us for all devices it will be pushed yesterday but the official website is telling some other story.

Thanks

Nokia sent the update to MS, and waiting their approval. So basically, now its MS thats delaying the update.

Vikash Goyal

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I am chatting with one othe executive, she says it released for all windows 8 devices. depends on RM of the device. we will be getting it soon

kinkate18nic

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Nokia sent the update to MS, and waiting their approval. So basically, now its MS thats delaying the update.

I was thinking all these days it is supposed to be the otherway, Microsoft will release updates to OEM and they will customize and release for distribution, am bit confused here :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion