Lumia 720 AMBER update INDIA release date 12-Aug-2013

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
well... finished the 1st update after hours of spinning gears i left it for the night and slept.. and when i woke up , 1st was done.
Now Amber installing. :D

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking all these days it is supposed to be the otherway, Microsoft will release updates to OEM and they will customize and release for distribution, am bit confused here :(

Nah, Nokia/HTC/Samsung make updates, send it to MS People, they check it, verify it and do things before making it public.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I just had a chat with a Nokia guy. The chat brief is attached, as I feel it clarifies Amber release issue.View attachment 40277

All I can say is, nobody in Nokia is taking the responsibility of officially declaring that the update is still not available, instead they are giving an answer that simply means "Just keep waiting". Since they cannot say that to your face, they say it using some cool words ;)

nairdaotnatus

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Static conversation over and over again by nokia care chat dude. It aint coming to lumia 720 soon. For lumia 820 and 920 crowds that still waiting, flash it manually. It wont void your warranty since no nokia care is savvy enough to check your firmware version

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk 4

riteshbendre

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
In case of Lumia 920 ..it first got an update to "extras+info" and "feedback to nokia" .....followed by GRD2 (approx 35-40mb) and finally... the Lumia Amber update ....

NOW COMING TO LUMIA 720 ...I just got the "extras+info" and "feedback to nokia" app update pop-up ... I think that GRD2 and Amber is on its way to seed to our devices :)

kinkate18nic

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I heard like those who did flash, they having some problems like not connecting to pc, no 3g etc. Just clarifying it.

Well if you have come across such situations, I cant say anything. There are cases where issues started popping out after OTA updates too, we cant say for sure about all these things you see.

:)

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
In case of Lumia 920 ..it first got an update to "extras+info" and "feedback to nokia" .....followed by GRD2 (approx 35-40mb) and finally... the Lumia Amber update ....

NOW COMING TO LUMIA 720 ...I just got the "extras+info" and "feedback to nokia" app update pop-up ... I think that GRD2 and Amber is on its way to seed to our devices :)

No. I got the two app updates a day or two ago AT THE SAME TIME on BOTH my lumia 920 and 720. So what you are saying doesnt really make sense. Sorry but it doesnt.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I heard like those who did flash, they having some problems like not connecting to pc, no 3g etc. Just clarifying it.

The firmwares available for flashing are the same that Nokia is sending out in the OTAs, so both will have the same set of bugs, if any.

I say this based on the fact that the flashed firmware for lumia 920 had a bug in search engine options, the same also exists in the OTA that i got after reflashing my phone to portico and updating to amber through the official process.

Anup256j

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

I got the "extras+info" and "feedback to nokia" app update pop-up when I bought the cell for the first time 1 month back:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Vikash Goyal

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
the nokia care executives have given the same answers to me all. That update has been released for all windows 8. it depends upon the operator and RM version.. Blah Blah...

riteshbendre

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Please do check the last updated status of the app (in Marketplace) .... there are time when .. you may receive an update today...2 days later the same thing... (bug fixes to be precise)...

No. I got the two app updates a day or two ago AT THE SAME TIME on BOTH my lumia 920 and 720. So what you are saying doesnt really make sense. Sorry but it doesnt.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster