Lumia 720 AMBER update INDIA release date 12-Aug-2013

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have installed amber vita OTA and here are some changes :
My Phone did not have Data sense before and with GDR 2 update also it was not. after Amber Data sense is installed.
Pictures taken with nokia pro cam are way better , there seems to be lot of improvement. Less noise and more natural colors and loss less zoom. Stereo recording as well.
Call and SMS block,. Nokia Pro Cam ,Nokia Smart Cam , Nokia Video Trimmer , Nokia Video Upload is available
FM Radio is enabled.
Glance screen is available with various settings. Flip to silence option is available.
4G is not enabled in Amber update. still stuck with 2g/3g options. This has to approved by career i suppose.
Ringtones( message and mail ) are changed.
Color Profile settings is available
Most of all phone seems to be to fast than before .

This update is really worth it

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have installed amber vita OTA and here are some changes :
My Phone did not have Data sense before and with GDR 2 update also it was not. after Amber Data sense is installed.
Pictures taken with nokia pro cam are way better , there seems to be lot of improvement. Less noise and more natural colors and loss less zoom. Stereo recording as well.
Call and SMS block,. Nokia Pro Cam ,Nokia Smart Cam , Nokia Video Trimmer , Nokia Video Upload is available
FM Radio is enabled.
Glance screen is available with various settings. Flip to silence option is available.
4G is not enabled in Amber update. still stuck with 2g/3g options. This has to approved by career i suppose.
Ringtones( message and mail ) are changed.
Color Profile settings is available
Most of all phone seems to be to fast than before .

This update is really worth it

Try this out its a bug in my device.go to settings and then lock screen ,change the photo from the backgrounds select any one from the new pics that came bundled with amber.save the image and now try to change the pic again frm the back grounds.it crashes sometimes.thats very annoying.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Try this out its a bug in my device.go to settings and then lock screen ,change the photo from the backgrounds select any one from the new pics that came bundled with amber.save the image and now try to change the pic again frm the back grounds.it crashes sometimes.thats very annoying.

I tried to change the picture 5 times in a row , it happened on 10th try , but did not happen after that for another 10 tries. Might be some glitch.

Kunal K

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know 4g is already enabled on the handset. Its just that no mobiles in India support the Indian 4g frequency of 2300 Mhz :eck:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know 4g is already enabled on the handset. Its just that no mobiles in India support the Indian 4g frequency of 2300 Mhz :eck:

Well if the network supports we can have 4G in india.Currently only Kolkata,Bengaluru,Pune,Chandigarh have 4g services available.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried to change the picture 5 times in a row , it happened on 10th try , but did not happen after that for another 10 tries. Might be some glitch.

Though I m still on the leaked one. I m 100% sure it's the same firmware.i cross checked the versions ditto. Hope another update by Nokia will fix it. Btw the files that were leaked on 5th August are the same released on OTA . Wondering what took Nokia 10 days delay in it.

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Though I m still on the leaked one. I m 100% sure it's the same firmware.i cross checked the versions ditto. Hope another update by Nokia will fix it. Btw the files that were leaked on 5th August are the same released on OTA . Wondering what took Nokia 10 days delay in it.

Approval process

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
How mate? please enlighten me...via fiddler??

Install any manufacturers app from one place without fiddler!!

1. Go to settings /language +region..change your region to United states and then restart your phone.

2. Go to settings /WiFi / press your WiFi network and there you can see an option to switch on proxy.

3. After switching on it will ask for the server address and port number, fill them with the above details and save.

4. That's it, open up market and click apps from Nokia, there you can find All the applications

Note:
Since it is a proxy, there is the chance that some sensitive data may be transmitting across the wire to the proxy (I'm assuming it's a Fiddler proxy due to the default 8888 port number). I would turn off all e-mail from syncing while running this..

Thanks to reker @xda developer forums

Everything at once
Proxy: 117.135.139.179
Port: 8888
Country/Region: USA

You can turn off proxy to speed up once download is started.

Everything in market is install-able, if you see 'not compatible', try 3 seconds later with lucky until success.
Enjoy
Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2400715

I got a 8mbps plan nd the speed was horrible while downloading 1 mb app like app folder by Samsung . Took 2 mins to download that on wifi. You can see all the OEM apps in Nokia collection after doing all this.best part you don't any fiddler app :)

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Install any manufacturers app from one place without fiddler!!

1. Go to settings /language +region..change your region to United states and then restart your phone.

2. Go to settings /WiFi / press your WiFi network and there you can see an option to switch on proxy.

3. After switching on it will ask for the server address and port number, fill them with the above details and save.

4. That's it, open up market and click apps from Nokia, there you can find All the applications

Note:
Since it is a proxy, there is the chance that some sensitive data may be transmitting across the wire to the proxy (I'm assuming it's a Fiddler proxy due to the default 8888 port number). I would turn off all e-mail from syncing while running this..

Thanks to reker @xda developer forums

Everything at once
Proxy: 117.135.139.179
Port: 8888
Country/Region: USA

You can turn off proxy to speed up once download is started.

Everything in market is install-able, if you see 'not compatible', try 3 seconds later with lucky until success.
Enjoy
Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2400715

I got a 8mbps plan nd the speed was horrible while downloading 1 mb app like app folder by Samsung . Took 2 mins to download that on wifi. You can see all the OEM apps in Nokia collection after doing all this.best part you don't any fiddler app :)

I managed to install app folder , but now store is only showing nokia apps , restarted the phone , inserted the proxy , same thing

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I managed to install app folder , but now store is only showing nokia apps , restarted the phone , inserted the proxy , same thing

The same happened to my 920. I managed to fix it by first removing the proxy (turning it of),then changing back the region to India restart the phone,then back to USA and again a restart.( know this sux) when u r back with USA as ur region change the wifi settings and try to do the same.try installing one app at time and don't let ur screen turn off (better let the screen time out to never for this process). I was ,amazed to install all the Samsung apps(manga camera,app folder,paint artis ,photog rom,etc but I couldn't try the htc. Many users reported they too can't install the htc one due to some reasons).

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Just got 2 app notifs for my Lumia 720. Thought to share with you guys.

extras+info:
What's new?
-general fixes and improvements
-enhancements for Accessories applicaton

Last updated 15-08-13
Version 1.12.0.1

feedback to Nokia

Last updated 15-08-13
Version 2.5.0.2

Although I'm not sure if its related to Amber by any means. I guess all we can do now is to wait. Will keep posting if I find anything new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss