Lumia 720 AMBER update INDIA release date 12-Aug-2013

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The same happened to my 920. I managed to fix it by first removing the proxy (turning it of),then changing back the region to India restart the phone,then back to USA and again a restart.( know this sux) when u r back with USA as ur region change the wifi settings and try to do the same.try installing one app at time and don't let ur screen turn off (better let the screen time out to never for this process). I was ,amazed to install all the Samsung apps(manga camera,app folder,paint artis ,photog rom,etc but I couldn't try the htc. Many users reported they too can't install the htc one due to some reasons)

As of now it says in IE , if you open google , please turn off proxy with that guy's twitter address
Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
As of now it says in IE , if you open google , please turn off proxy with that guy's twitter address

That's because you are accessing a proxy address. If you turn of the proxy you can browse the ie. but to install those apps you need proxy address.

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Here is one bug i see , do any of you with Amber see this in IE settings , default google search in IE is gone and both shows up as Bing. Lol this is disgustingwp_ss_20130816_0001[1].png

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Here is one bug i see , do any of you with Amber see this in IE settings , default google search in IE is gone and both shows up as Bing. Lol this is disgustingView attachment 40289

What I think the war btw Microsoft and google (the most popular is the current issue of the YouTube app ) , Microsoft made a decision to remove the google search engine and instead made bing as the default.the 2 bing act different the first one searches in the bing search app where as the second one opens the search queries/results in Internet explorer itself.its not a bug. :)

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
What I think the war btw Microsoft and google (the most popular is the current issue of the YouTube app ) , Microsoft made a decision to remove the google search engine and instead made bing as the default.the 2 bing act different the first one searches in the bing search app where as the second one opens the search queries/results in Internet explorer itself.its not a bug. :)

yes , behavior is different , my bad :) . But anyways google search is gone. uhuh

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
yes , behavior is different , my bad :) . But anyways google search is gone. uhuh

Worry not u can always go to google.com or set your homepage to google. Or even best download the google search app from the store. Now in my iPad (iOS 7 ) google is missing. Apple too adopted bing search in Siri and safari. Now google is mainly used in android (google phones). Lol anyways I prefer bing coz it always greet me with a beautiful picture everyday. The results are much clearer( not confusing results as google shows with boring white wallpaper lol ). Everyone has different tastes. I left android 2 years ago. Since then I migrated to windows phone and love bing and Microsoft services ( only love YouTube for watching videos. )

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Only app folder...now if i turn on the proxy. I dont see other OEM apps. Can you try doing the same once and see if you see other OEM apps

Yes I am able to install mini diary frm Samsung. U can see my screenshots. ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1376644770.589044.jpgImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1376644793.156337.jpgImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1376644811.166652.jpgImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1376644826.903300.jpg

It working fine and the speed was just fine today ;)

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am able to install mini diary frm Samsung. U can see my screenshots. View attachment 40292View attachment 40293View attachment 40294View attachment 40295

It working fine and the speed was just fine today ;)

It's not working for me :(
What i am doing is:
Changed to country to USA ( location services is off , wifi is connected )
Restarted the phone , wifi connected automatically , inserted the proxy and then opening store.
Let me restart my wifi and try once more

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What i am doing is:
Restarted the phone , wifi connected automatically , inserted the proxy and then opening store.

Aah wish you good luck for this time ;)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What i am doing is:

Also enter the port 8888

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
to hell with this. It's not showing up now .. lol.. showed only for first time i did this.

Haha try after sometime. Still Nokia has the vast collection of exclusive apps in store when compared to Samsung and htc. (Samsung only 8-9 and htc with only 4 ) haha. So did u explored ur amber ?

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Haha try after sometime. Still Nokia has the vast collection of exclusive apps in store when compared to Samsung and htc. (Samsung only 8-9 and htc with only 4 ) haha. So did u explored ur amber ?

yes i did , whatever i want in my phone is now there and moreover from samsung i only needed app folder which i have now. HTC apps wont install due to resolution mismatch.
Photography apps are vast in nokia and i have bought many others as well. Just waiting for HDR new release.
I had HD7 before and with windows phone from the 1st version of windows phone 7. Never bought an android phone in my life

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers