Lumia 720 AMBER update INDIA release date 12-Aug-2013

donoester

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
920 is a flagship device so its getting the update first.

820 and 620 were releases together with 920. So according to their price they are scheduled to get next.

520 was released after that and is most sold device. So they are getting after 620.

720 is a new device recently launched. So they are scheduled to get last.

I assume your device is new why not enjoy it till you get a bit bored and then ull receive the update.

I have a 620 and 820 since 8 months with the same old firmware.
The reasoning behind the order of releases of updates looks random from the above. If the release should be affected by price alone, i.e. how much they actually earn on one product alone, the last three to receive updates would be 820, 620 and 520 (in that order, at their original MSRP).
The 520 and 720 were presented at the same time - but it still comes with the same software build features (and bugs) as the 920, 820 or 620. I really do enjoy the device, but this "approval" circus even for country variants (i.e. non-branded phones bought at full price) - and not just for Asia/Pacific regions, but world-wide - is just stupid.

donoester

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Touche. I messed it up.
Ask your neighbor this: Since the SOC and number of peripherals on 520-620-720 are 95% within each other, what makes the 720 more "troublesome" than the other two? :)
Hope he doesn't say something along the lines of "Ohh... those have got the same issues" :D.

Vishal Vasava

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
today i chat with nokia care they said amber update is already rolled out. bt u can only update when ur phone shows update notification.. (lumia 720)

Vishal Vasava

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
few more days????? i think m waiting from july.. nd will b waiting up till the end of september. i dnt think it would come before the end of september..! :D :/

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I am from Jordan, I was referring to the picture with the updates saying, waiting approval, or coming soon, they all have the firmware 1xxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx which is not amber, in the picture the only amber firmware is the one for the 920 which is 3xxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx. am I right?

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I am from Jordan, I was referring to the picture with the updates saying, waiting approval, or coming soon, they all have the firmware 1xxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx which is not amber, in the picture the only amber firmware is the one for the 920 which is 3xxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx. am I right?

The firmware number in the pic refers to the latest firmware currently available for the device.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
jordan update availability.png
everyone refereeing to this and saying that amber is still waiting approval, or coming soon has no idea what he is talking about, what you see here is not GDR2, (well the 920 is showing GDR2), but the rest are not, as you can see, any firmware that has 1xxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx are the firmwares that we already have, although it says waiting for approval, the latest version of Lumia 720 is already installed on my device.

on the other hand, the Lumia 920 with the firmware 3xxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx is YES, GDR2. so please people don't get excited, I really don't think this has anything with whats going these days about amber.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
what you see here is not GDR2, (well the 920 is showing GDR2), but the rest are not, as you can see, any firmware that has 1xxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx are the firmwares that we already have, although it says waiting for approval, the latest version of Lumia 720 is already installed on my device.

No sh*t Sherlock. The term "waiting for approval" or "coming soon" is for GDR2+Amber. It won't show the respective Amber firmware version until its been rolled out.

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys anyone knows that ##3282# option to go to field test menu is taken out with Amber. Make sure you revert everything back before doing the update. Otherwise you'll be stuck with old settings and you'll have to do hard reset to get default settings.
Now a another question , anyone knows the new code so we can toggle between 2G/3G?

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Whats the software version number of the amber update?

I believe Software/OS version will be the same for all GDR2 devices including non Lumia devices too. Firmware version will vary according to the Amber update. I might wrong though. Apparently the OS version of GDR2 is 8.0.10327.77

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I believe Software/OS version will be the same for all GDR2 devices including non Lumia devices too. Firmware version will vary according to the Amber update. I might wrong though. Apparently the OS version of GDR2 is 8.0.10327.77
With Amber , OS Number is 8.0.10328.78 and GDR 2 installed the update to this OS number but did not change firmware number
Nokia Amber update updated the firmware version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923