Lumia 720 AMBER update INDIA release date 12-Aug-2013

nautanki_saala

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 820 is now running official MS GDR2 *** Nokia Amber update via OTA
Woohoo!!
All files came in a single update!
Next on line is Nokia Lumia 620 India. This week!

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hehehe, Ya. Icing on the cake is that the guy who is trading has no clue about amber. I told him to update it to amber so that i wont have to waste any time. I'll get my hands straight to amber ;)

I'd suggest you to reset your 920 once when you get it. It'll render it clean to factory defaults and wipe all the data so that you can get rid of all the annoyances he'd have done to phone. After that you can customise to it you own liking from the scratch.

Settings->About->Reset your phone

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Yup that is what i plan to do, but wouldnt installing amber would have formatted the phone itself. Correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S; you live on this forum, right :p

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Yup that is what i plan to do, but wouldnt installing amber would have formatted the phone itself. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If its updated from Nokia Care Suite or Updater then Yes if its updated via OTA then Nope.

P.S; you live on this forum, right :p

LOL...Well indirectly yes. I've hooked upto instant notifications on Gmail and besides that I've an utter eagerness to reply to all my notifications as soon as I can when the message is posted, in other words OCD if you will. :p

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Okay, What all i need to check before completing the trade?

1) Both Cameras
2) Call quality
3) Loudspeaker and earphones
4) Body and screen for defects
5) wifi
6) Data connection on 2G 3G. wont be possible on 4g as i dont have a USIM.

Anything else i need to do?

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay, What all i need to check before completing the trade?

1) Both Cameras
2) Call quality
3) Loudspeaker and earphones
4) Body and screen for defects
5) wifi
6) Data connection on 2G 3G. wont be possible on 4g as i dont have a USIM.

Anything else i need to do?

It'd would be really hard to check the phone for faults in one go and that too on the spot. That's why I told you to try the phone for a day or two before buying it out. I'd like to point out the nifty features that you should really check out whether they're working or not as they're very very important. Besides yours, here's my list:

1) Sensors:

a) Accelerometer (responsible for screen orientation)
b) Gyroscope (responsible for tracking rotation or twist) - Check it by "Flip to Silence" option
c) Ambient (responsible for adjusting screen brightness)
d) Proximity (responsible for preventing unwanted touch-input when user's ear is near to the phone)
e) Compass (self explanatory)

2) OIS, Dual LEDs (both of them) & Autofocus - make sure it works properly

3) GPS - your entire offline navigation depends over it.

4) Stereo recording (its been included in Amber) & Active noise cancellation - make sure it works

5) Display - check if there's no dead pixel or color bleeding

6) SIM Tray - I've seen many people who have f*cked up their SIM Tray.

7) NFC - if possible though not a big issue

That's it from my side :p

PS: Some users have reported yellow hue in pictures when taken from Nokia Pro Cam. So that's a universal issue.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
It'd would be really hard to check the phone for faults in one go and that too on the spot. That's why I told you to try the phone for a day or two before buying it out. I'd like to point out the nifty features that you should really check out whether they're working or not as they're very very important. Besides yours, here's my list:

1) Sensors:

a) Accelerometer (responsible for screen orientation)
b) Gyroscope (responsible for tracking rotation or twist) - Check it by "Flip to Silence" option
c) Ambient (responsible for adjusting screen brightness)
d) Proximity (responsible for preventing unwanted touch-input when user's ear is near to the phone)
e) Compass (self explanatory)

2) OIS, Dual LEDs (both of them) & Autofocus - make sure it works properly

3) GPS - your entire offline navigation depends over it.

4) Stereo recording (its been included in Amber) & Active noise cancellation - make sure it works

5) Display - check if there's no dead pixel or color bleeding

6) SIM Tray - I've seen many people who have f*cked up their SIM Tray.

7) NFC - if possible though not a big issue

That's it from my side :p

PS: Some users have reported yellow hue in pictures when taken from Nokia Pro Cam. So that's a universal issue.

thanks a ton mate. I think checking NFC is not a big problem Even 720 supports it, so i'd just share a file from my phone to his

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Eagrly,waiting for the update, meanwhile can any one tell me if our beloved 720 supports wps(Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
I played with settings and was able to connect with every mean of Wifi(b/g/n) but no WPS button

AFAIK WP8 does not support WPS. Don't know about GDR2 though.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Got my hands on the beauty. Sorry to leave 720 family but I really needed a better camera like 920 and its 1gb ram. Loved my time with 720, never gave any problem. Superb phone. Buh bye ;)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Got my hands on the beauty. Sorry to leave 720 family but I really needed a better camera like 920 and its 1gb ram. Loved my time with 720, never gave any problem. Superb phone. Buh bye ;)

you should have a look at 925 which is available in India easily. Its much better in camera performance but when compared to the internal storage it has just 16gb out of the box with no SD card :( but 925 has aluminium feel on its body, feels light weight as compared to my 920 tank size :D. and yes 925 have 6element lenses for sharper ,low light photography.(and it was pre-installed with amber by nokia when released ).

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
you should have a look at 925 which is available in India easily. Its much better in camera performance but when compared to the internal storage it has just 16gb out of the box with no SD card :( but 925 has aluminium feel on its body, feels light weight as compared to my 920 tank size :D. and yes 925 have 6element lenses for sharper ,low light photography.(and it was pre-installed with amber by nokia when released ).

He didn't buy a new phone. He traded his for 920.

Sashank Mishra

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The support page for 620 shows the firmware version which is out-of-the-box in 720. Hence, 620 was updated with the latest version which came with 720. That is why, there is no update in 720. Amber for 620 will be coming in few days. 720 amber update will take a bit of tiime

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos