Lumia 720 AMBER update INDIA release date 12-Aug-2013

nitiniit

May 27, 2013
Visit site
You are wrong bro , update are coming in the same order as device released ...
920->820->620->720/520., today this update avl for 620

nitiniit

May 27, 2013
Visit site
i'm planning to buy a Lumia 720 but this make me think!! :S why the update for lumia 720 take too long? there is a problema with this device? some chip or some? :S i know this is the first update but every new update for WP rollout last for 720 ? :|
You are wrong bro , update are coming in the same order as device released ...
920->820->620->720/520., today this update avl for 620

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
If the amber update depends upon carrier, will i get the update if i take out the sim card and check for updates? Will it still be able to recognise my carrier? (Running Lumia 620 on airtel,unlocked.....Delhi)

Notti_Hindoo

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I got the updates bit by bit. Display+touch is now display and touch. I got audio. Extras + info updates.. Others i dunno what happen to them they died i think.. R.i.p.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay so probably , all of 720 users must now be having the needed software updater version that amber needs, audio, extras, display, touch and extras have been updated. Fingers crossed.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay so probably , all of 720 users must now be having the needed software updater version that amber needs, audio, extras, display, touch and extras have been updated. Fingers crossed.

This has nothing to do with the firmware update. Both updates are independent from each other. These settings updates from Nokia have features that get enabled after installing amber. Nothing more nothing less. Don't get your hopes too high.

I am guessing the 720 will get amber sometime in the end of september, around the time when lumia 1020 launches in India.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
So does it mean that we the 720 holders, the phone which looks the best, does the best in that price range ,get the update at last? :p Oh boyyyyy!
This has nothing to do with the firmware update. Both updates are independent from each other. These settings updates from Nokia have features that get enabled after installing amber. Nothing more nothing less. Don't get your hopes too high.

I am guessing the 720 will get amber sometime in the end of september, around the time when lumia 1020 launches in India.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Try updating manually. I myself updated Extras+info, touch, display and feedback to Nokia.. I found the links in the QR codes provided at the end of news in the home page.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Try updating manually. I myself updated Extras+info, touch, display and feedback to Nokia.. I found the links in the QR codes provided at the end of news in the home page.

Well QR codes is a way to do it. Another way is to send the app from Windows phone store to the phone but I don't know why these apps are hidden from "Apps from Nokia" in the store.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I got these updates on Friday night, so these should come soon to you bro. Strange you didnt get it yet.
Well QR codes is a way to do it. Another way is to send the app from Windows phone store to the phone but I don't know why these apps are hidden from "Apps from Nokia" in the store.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I got these updates on Friday night, so these should come soon to you bro. Strange you didnt get it yet.

App updates are available for all at the same time. Its just that when does your store notify you. In my case that is what happening. Store sucks big time at notifying you about the updates. Windows phone doesn't like WiFi. It only tells you about the update when you've cellular data on.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh yes I was on 2G that time. Tried the pusher then or you can get it via the web store also > purchase history.
App updates are available for all at the same time. Its just that when does your store notify you. In my case that is what happening. Store sucks big time at notifying you about the updates. Windows phone doesn't like WiFi. It only tells you about the update when you've cellular data on.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
And btw after the extra and info updates, the "i" button takes me to the amber page so you see its somewhere connected to amber. Now Display+touch have separated, now they are Display and touch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers